Not sure what types of jobs you are interested in?
Based on Your Education
Facebook is seeking a motivated software engineering student to join our Hardware Design Team. This team is tasked with designing new and innovative hardware platform solutions for the storage needs of our products. This role provides opportunities to impact our infrastructure supporting large scale storage services like our Haystack system for photos. The intern/co-op will work closely with hardware, system, and capacity engineering teams to help enable and improve the performance, reliability, or efficiency of a storage solution. This position is located in our Menlo Park office.
Responsibilities - Interface with product teams to identify opportunities for storage platform changes
- Develop or extend open source drivers and utilities used in Facebook storage servers
- Engage with our validation team to qualify storage servers
- Debug platform issues impacting production
Requirements - Pursuing BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or related field
- Familiar with computer and/or storage architecture and components (CPU, memory, hard drive, SSD)
- Fast learner and eager to learn about cutting edge Storage Architecture.
- Experience with Linux and/or Unix
- Knowledge with C/C++
- Strong scripting ability
Facebook is made up of many networks, each based around a workplace, region, high school or college.
You can use Facebook to:
Share information with people you know. See what's going on with your friends. Look up people around you.