Primary Location: Texas-Orange
Job Function: Power Plant
MRV Minimum Salary: 83000.000000000000000
MRV Maximum Salary: 125000.000000000000000
FLSA Status: Professional
Relocation Option: Approved in accordance with the Entergy guidelines
Union description/code: NON BARGAINING UNIT-NBU
Number of Openings: 1.00
Req ID: 47921
Travel Percentage:Up to 25%
Maintain chemistry compliance at Sabine station through active onsite support and presence for consultation and oversight. Supports research conducted within the Business Unit through effective and efficient data collection, evaluation and interpretation. Provide expert level advice and leadership to the team in support of project objectives.
- Manages the unit's quality control program and performs quality investigations as needed.
- Boiler water/steam cycle, corrosion, and corrosion product generation, transport, and deposition on heat transfer and other power generation process equipment water and steam-touched surfaces.
- Cooling water system treatment issues.
- Water treatment equipment such as demineralizers, condensate polishers, cooling towers, and on-line cycle water chemistry analyzers.
- Budget responsibilities for Chemical budget at plant sites
- Conduct rounds and inspections to assess plant chemistry performance and compliance with EPRI limits and conditions. Document findings and take action where needed to close gaps.
- Familiar with site specific environmental permits and plans. Work with Plant Manager, Environmental Specialist and State Environmental Group as support for environmental compliance.
- Accountable for the performance of the chemistry team and chemical results of the plant
- Maintains clear and consistent records of all analytical results and provides leadership to less senior members of the team concerning water quality control. Ensure the water quality is within EPRI POE guidelines for asset protection for Fossil Generating Fleet. If not within EPRI POE guidelines develop gap closure plan.
- Performs oversite for complex and routine chemical testing of products and processing materials.
- Advises Entergy personnel on product quality problems and provides a recommended course of action based on quantitative evidence.
- Technical Troubleshooting, Data Review and Trend Monitoring, Pi trend reviews, Event Follow-up, Root cause analysis, Support Plant Maintenance Strategies, Reviewing and tracking system effciency, provide information and training for operations, and sharing of lessons learned with internal peers.
- Consultation/oversite for analyses, calibrations, method development and maintenance and/or repair of instruments as needed including long range planning recommedations.
- Understands and implements standard Entergy methodologies and research processes.
- Identifies new methods and instrumentation as needed and implements new methods to meet the needs of the research and development plan.
- Assists in instrument procurement, installation, and research implementation. Makes recommendations pertaining to the following: research method development, lab operating procedures, training and oversight of Lab Assistants in the use of new instruments.
- Sets priorities for the team to ensure task completion; coordinates work activities with other supervisors.
- Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plan; receives guidance and oversight from supervisor.
- Typically does not perform the work being supervised.
Minimum education required of the position
B.S. Degree in chemistry or biology with Cycle Chemistry experience as associated with fossil, combined cycle or hydro generating stations or equivalent work experience
Minimum experience required of the position
7-10 years of experience, a combination of education and like-work experience totaling 8+ years.
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required of the position
Hands on experience working with analytical instrumentation is a plus. Must have strong computer skills: including proficiency in Microsoft Office. Experience in technical programs such as PI, OIS, Plant view, PLCs is required. Must possess strong research and analytical skills as well as attention to detail. Excellent written and verbal communications. Experience reporting and interfacing with operations and state agencies is a plus.
Any certificates, licenses, etc. required for the position
Requires depth and/or breadth of expertise in own specialized discipline or field.
Interprets internal/external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services.
May lead functional teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity.
Leads others to solve complex problems; uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions.
Impacts the achievement of customer, operational, project or service objectives; work is guided by functional policies.
Communicates difficult concepts and negotiates with others to adopt a different point of view.
Work typically conducted inside the lab, inside or outside a generating plant or inside an office. Protective and safety equipment such as safety shoes, glasses, gloves, hearing protection, and/or hard hats may be required. Some time will be spent using computers and other industrial technologies. Some time will be spent using your hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls. The chemistry program includes yet is not limited to raw water supply from the pond/lake/river/wells, RO unit demineralized water production, or cation-anion -mixed bed demineralization, condensate and boiler feed water chemistry, HRSG (boiler) chemistry, and steam chemistry. Cooling water systems including cooling towers, once through, closed loop and ponds. As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.
LIMITED NATURE OF JOB DESCRIPTION
This job description provides a general overview of the minimum requirements for and duties of the position and does not provide an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties. Additionally, this job description does not list all essential job functions. If you have any questions or need additional information regarding the essential job functions of this position,Please contact the supervisor or manager responsible for this position. Please note that the duties and essential functions associated with this position may change over time to include new responsibilities and tasks as management deems necessary to address business needs. Also, please note that, as a provider of vital public services, Entergy System Company employers expect employees to be available to assist in emergency situations,including storms and unexpected outages. Individuals who will require some sort of accommodation in order to meet this expectation should discuss those matters with their management and HR Management Support.
About Entergy: Entergy Corporation is an integrated energy company engaged primarily in electric power production and retail distribution operations. Entergy owns and operates power plants with approximately 30,000 megawatts of electric generating capacity, including nearly 10,000 megawatts of nuclear power, making it one of the nation’s leading nuclear generators.
Entergy delivers electricity to 2.8 million utility customers in Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas. Entergy has annual revenues of more than $12 billion and approximately 13,000 employees.
EEO Statement: The Entergy System of Companies provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The Entergy System of Companies complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
The Entergy System of Companies expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of the Entergy System of Company employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Entergy provides reasonable accommodations for online applicants. Requests for a reasonable accommodation may be made orally or in writing by an applicant, employee, or third party on his or her behalf.
Additional Responsibilities: As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.
Pre-employment Testing: One way that Entergy has found to identify and assess the abilities and skills needed for certain jobs is through pre-employment testing. If this position does require an EEI test, the type of test will be located under the qualifications section of the job posting. If you are invited to a test session, we strongly recommend you review and complete the practice test as well as review the testing brochure for your respective test. The test brochure will give you critical information on the test such as time allocated and number of questions. Also, keep in mind that the actual test is timed; you should practice timing yourself while doing the practice tests. The practice test information and test brochures can be located by going to the EEI website, http://www.eei.org/practicetests, Logon ID: entergy, password: practice test (2 words).