Req #: 7921
Business Unit: Major Projects
Education Experience: None
Employment Experience: Up to 2 years
Travel: Up to 25%
Position Type: Contractor Full-Time Position
This is a long term Contractor position expected to last 1 or more years.
This position provides coordination of inspection activities of purchased equipment and materials (e.g. pipe, valves, electrical components) to ensure construction projects receive materials of quality and conform to Enbridge Equipment Specifications. This position is focused on assigning inspection activities to third party vendors as materials are purchased, insuring that inspection is completed in a timely fashion, collecting inspection reports, and escalating issues to procurement and the project quality teams.
- Issue inspection packages to third party inspection companies.
- Ensure that work orders are issued to qualified companies and disciplines for inspection of equipment and commodities per specification and invoicing approvals.
- Ensure that the correct level of inspection is ordered, per the established guidelines.
- Initiate, coordinate, and track inspection activities internally and externally.
- Work with procurement for coordinating inspection activities and inspection releases.
- Review the Inspection and Test Plan for each commodity purchase with the Quality Engineer and the based on Enbridge and industry common practice.
- Review and route inspection reports to Project Quality Coordinators.
- Escalate issues highlighted on the inspection reports through corrective action (NCR, CARs, PARs, & OFIs).
- Problem resolution for non-conforming material.
- Evaluate inspection companies and inspectors.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Two to Four years professional office work experience required and proficiency in MS Excel and Outlook
- Analyzing Information , Reporting Research Results, Documentation Skills, Promoting Process Improvement, Safety Management, Managing Processes, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, CAD, Quality Engineering, Operations Research
- Knowledge and understanding of procurement
- Strong organizational, time management, problem-solving and multi-tasking skills
- Effectively manage schedules and analyze technical data/reports
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Ability to effectively communicate
- Strong ability of technical learning
- Share our core values of Integrity, Safety and Respect.
Safety Critical Position: No
Additional Posting Locations: None
Industry: Energy, Oil & Gas
Posting Closing Date: July 23, 2015
We appreciate your interest in Enbridge Energy Company, Inc. However, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. Enbridge is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to provide employment opportunities to all individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability.
Enbridge participates in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Enbridge Energy Company, Inc. is not currently accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Enbridge Energy Company, Inc. via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Enbridge Energy Company, Inc. in any form without a valid written agreement in place for that specific position will be deemed the sole property of Enbridge Energy Company, Inc. As a result, no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Enbridge Energy Company, Inc.
Please note that Enbridge only accepts applications submitted via our online recruiting system. Individuals with disabilities who are unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting at email@example.com. This option is reserved for individuals who are unable to use or require assistance with the online tools as a result of a disability and is not intended for other purposes. Thank you for considering Enbridge for your next career opportunity.
The above profile is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of accountabilities, qualifications, or other aspects of the job.