Req #: 8021
Business Unit: Gas Distribution
Position Type: Temporary Full-Time Employee Position
Posting Closing Date: July 20, 2015
Life Takes Energy.
Enbridge Gas Distribution Inc. has a more than 165-year history and is Canada’s largest natural gas distribution company. It is owned by Enbridge Inc., a Canadian-based leader in energy transportation and distribution and one of the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations. Enbridge Inc. has been selected as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for 2015 and one of the Ten Best Companies to Work for 2015. Enbridge Gas Distribution and its affiliates distribute natural gas to more than two million customers in Ontario, Quebec, New York State and New Brunswick.
For more information, visit www.enbridgegas.com or follow us on Twitter @EnbridgeGasNews. Life Takes Energy.
- Creates and promotes a vibrant learning culture within Enbridge and ultimately adds to the engagement and retention of employees through learning opportunities that are relevant to the current needs of the organization and its people.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures for OE programs to ensure efficient and effective delivery. These programs include but are not limited to Enbridge University, Onboarding, Mentorship, and Education Refund.
- Provides support to OE foundations programs. These programs may include IDP, Performance Management, Succession Planning, and Engagement Survey. This may include data analyses, metrics, reporting, training and client support.
- Provides support for the successful execution of OE programs for employees and People Leaders within Enbridge.
- Consults, collaborates and partners with internal stakeholders to identify and deliver learning and development opportunities to better meet our clients' needs.
- Ensures OE Programs are aligned with Enbridge Values of Integrity, Safety and Respect.
- Assignments to the various programs will vary based on business need, location, skill sets and development opportunities.
- Conducts needs analyses, researches best practices, defines learning objectives, determines learning strategies, as well as designs and implements learning initiatives to help support our employees and Leaders from across Enbridge.
- Composes and manages communications strategies and materials to promote OE programs
- Responsible for making decisions and generating solutions that impact content, vendor management and budget, by being innovative and strategic
- Builds and maintains relationships and professional networks with external vendors and educational institutions
- Demonstrates strong financial acumen by managing program budgets and negotiating vendor contracts
- Maintains appropriate records of learning activities (metrics/evaluations) to make future decisions/recommendations regarding employee development requirements and program planning
- Designs, develops and delivers new courses and coordinates e-learning initiatives where appropriate
- Exhibits a deep understanding of the Learning Management System (eLMS) to appropriately promote, register, track participants learning paths, and run reports/queries to generate learning data
- Provides exceptional customer service regarding OE programs, responds to employee issues and maintain up to date records and information
- Builds relationships with internal stakeholders and subject matter experts (SME's) in areas of responsibility relating to content and delivery
- Successful execution of the Mentorship Program including planning, communications, selection and pairing of Mentors and ProtÃ©gÃ©s, develop and update resources and team site, creating and delivering information sessions and networking events, reporting on metrics, and conducting feedback surveys
- Responsible for the successful execution and management of the Education Reimbursement Program including the review of all applications, analysis of employee information, managing of Program budget, recommendations on all approval requests, communication of decisions to People Leaders and employees, reporting on metrics and maintaining up to date records. Provides career guidance on all approval requests where appropriate
- Through the Onboarding Program, creates a new hire experience by designing and delivering resources such as: new hire workshops, program materials and online learning modules. Makes improvements to the program by using research, evaluations and employee feedback.
- Generates and successfully executes ENBU processes, guidelines and frameworks to ensure consistency throughout every aspect of ENBU program planning, delivery and evaluation.
- Excellent facilitation skills in classroom settings and other non-traditional settings (LiveMeeting, elearning, webinars)
- Strong decision making skills
- Strong customer service, problem solving skills and the ability to foster effective working relationships within the Organizational Effectiveness Team and across greater HR Team
- Background in adult education and demonstrated application of these concepts through relevant experience in a high paced business environment
- Consultative-the ability to work with stakeholders to identify issues and define solutions
- Interpersonal-the ability to clearly express ideas both verbally and in writing. The ability to build strong working relationships within the HR team and across the enterprise
- Leadership-the ability to set and influence direction, the ability to implement initiatives and deliver outcomes
- Project management-oversees and/or participates on project teams, allocates resources, manage timelines
- Organizational-the ability to set priorities, manage multiple tasks, follow-up and allocate time
- Strong computer and graphic skills in a Microsoft environment including Excel, PowerPoint and Word and Learning Management System
- Proven consulting skills and in providing learning solutions
- Experience with Learning Management Systems would be an asset
- University undergraduate degree preferably in business, HR or adult education
- 4 years of experience in a business or training environment
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
- Share our core values of Integrity, Safety and Respect.
Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting 416-495-5615.