Req #: 3381
Business Unit: Liquids Pipelines
Travel: Up to 25%
Position Type: Regular Full-Time Employee Position
The HR Advisor provides operational support to client groups across a broad range of HR disciplines including Total Compensation, Employee Relations, Change Management, Organizational Effectiveness, Performance Management, Recruitment and Workforce Planning. Mentors with HRBP/HRBP Lead to develop strategic skills and competencies. The HR Advisor builds effective business relationships with clients, employees and forms strong partnerships with the HR Centers of Expertise (COE's) to deliver value added service to leaders and employees.
- Work closely with HRBP/HRBP Lead to develop strategic competencies to enable identification of opportunities to influence and drive business results that are in alignment with client's overall strategy.
- Counsel leaders on proactive leadership and human resources strategies to create productive and cooperative work environments that enhance employee engagement and facilitate the achievement of business goals.
- Builds effective business relationships with clients, employees and forms strong partnerships with the HR Centers of Expertise (COE's) to deliver value added service to leaders and employees for CEO functional areas.
HR Areas of Discipline - Specific Accountabilities
- Partner with HRBP/HRBP Lead and Total Compensation COE to deliver value added strategic and operational compensation services to clients.
- Perform job evaluations for client groups.
- Implement annual compensation program roll out for client groups (STIP/LTIP/Merit).
- Ensure that senior management promotions receive consultation meetings from Total Compensation and Employee Services. Bring forward requests for attraction or retention items outside of normal policy/practice.
- Coach and mentor client leaders to manage employee issues including performance management, attendance management, disability cases and other conduct related issues. Partner with Employee Services as necessary.
- Partner with HRBP/HRBP Lead to manage the termination process including determination of severance, terms and conditions and outplacement in consultation with Law.
- Provide support to HRBP/HRBP Lead for investigation relating to violations of company guidelines, policies, and procedures governing employee conduct (i.e. Harassment, Code of Conduct, fraud). Experienced HR Advisors will lead smaller/less serious investigations at the discretion of the HRBP Lead.
- Partner with HRBP Lead and the OE COE to deliver value added strategic and operational services to clients.
- Partner with HRBP Lead to diagnose organizational effectiveness issues and implement appropriate solutions with support from OE (where required).
- Coach and facilitate leaders and employees through the resolution of matters related to team effectiveness.
- Partner with HRBP Lead to analyze and make recommendations for client organizational design initiatives.
- Partner with HRBP to support and facilitate client change management initiatives. Experienced HR Advisors will lead smaller change management initiatives at the discretion of the HRBP Lead.
- Provide input into the development of OE related systems, policies and programs.
- Support HRBP Lead to facilitate annual succession planning for client groups.
- Support HRBP with 360 initiations. HR Advisors may attend leader feedback sessions for developmental exposure (with previous approval of leader taking 360).
- Support HRBP Lead with planning, design and development of targeted facilitated sessions for client groups (New Leader Onboarding, team building etc.)
- Facilitate training for Enbridge programs as required.
- Implementation of annual workforce planning for client groups.
- Work closely with HR Recruiters to develop and implement sourcing strategies for Client Teams.
- Degree/diploma in business with a major in Human Resources complemented by 4+ years of broad HR generalist experience in the areas outlined under Specific Accountabilities. Alternative education and equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
- Completed or working towards a CHRP/SHRM designation is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to define problems, establish alternatives and determine the optimal course of action in the context of broader business strategies and objectives.
- Demonstrates knowledge of applicable legislation and its applications pertaining to Enbridge.
- The following capabilities are required to be successful in this position:
- Enthusiasm, energy and ability to thrive in a fast paced environment;
- Well-developed prioritization, time management and multi-tasking skills;
- Positive attitude with strong relationship building skills;
- A high degree of flexibility to adapt to multiple and competing priorities;
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a team;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, complemented by excellent attention to details, follow-up and organizational skills;
- Ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines and drive projects to completion;
- Ability to handle sensitive and complex situations with sound judgment, tact and discretion;
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and PeopleSoft
- Share our core values of Integrity, Safety and Respect.
Safety Critical Position: No
Additional Posting Locations: None
Industry: Human Resources
Posting Closing Date: Open until a suitable candidate is found
We appreciate your interest in Enbridge Energy Company, Inc. However, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. Enbridge is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to provide employment opportunities to all individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability.
Enbridge participates in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Enbridge Energy Company, Inc. is not currently accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Enbridge Energy Company, Inc. via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Enbridge Energy Company, Inc. in any form without a valid written agreement in place for that specific position will be deemed the sole property of Enbridge Energy Company, Inc. As a result, no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Enbridge Energy Company, Inc.
Please note that Enbridge only accepts applications submitted via our online recruiting system. Individuals with disabilities who are unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. This option is reserved for individuals who are unable to use or require assistance with the online tools as a result of a disability and is not intended for other purposes. Thank you for considering Enbridge for your next career opportunity.
The above profile is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of accountabilities, qualifications, or other aspects of the job.