Summary: Performs professional accounting functions using generally accepted accounting principles in areas including budgets, financial, taxation, property, gas, energy trading, and/or compliance.
- Use professional accounting concepts and internal company policies to solve accounting issues.
- Technical input is used in developing accounting policies and practices.
- Prepare specialized reports/statements/reconciliations.
- Benchmark practices against standards and competitors.
- Identify appropriate recording and reporting a work method that achieves department and company objectives.
- Use best practices and knowledge of functional accounting principles and business operations to ensure completeness, accuracy, and usefulness of records.
- Perform and document internal controls to comply with federal, state, and local laws and rulings, (Sarbanes-Oxley Act, SEC), internal processes and Company policies.
- Analyze data, prepare journal entries and assist in the preparation of various accounting schedules, reports, filings, returns and/or statements on a timely basis.
- Interact with auditors on various matters, specifically, preparation of audit schedules and reviews.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or degree with 30 hours of Accounting
- Six (6) years directly related work experience may be considered in lieu of a Bachelor's Degree
- One (1) years directly related experience.
- Valid State Driver's License.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and make independent decisions.
- Personal computer skills with strong knowledge in Microsoft applications and other related software. (Excel, SAP FI and AA modules).
- Able to handle confidential information and material with the highest degree of professional responsibility.
- Able to communicate in speech and writing with members at all levels throughout the organization and outside professionals.
- Able to work within and support Company policies, practices and procedures.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to operate a personal computer, either desktop or laptop.
- Must have the ability to operate a copy machine, fax machine, calculator, telephone, and other office equipment. Must be able to bend and stoop.
- Able to sit and view a personal computer display for long periods of time.
- Most work is performed in an office environment. May be subject to extended periods sitting at a work station to perform work.
- Subject to operation of a personal computer for extended periods including using keyboard, mouse and viewing computer monitor.
- Subject to normal office noise levels.
- May periodically require work outside of normal business hours, including weekends and holidays, under sometimes stressful conditions in order to meet business needs and strict deadlines.
- Some travel, including overnight stays required.