Not sure what types of jobs you are interested in?
Based on Your Education
As a Software Developer, this individual will code software applications for pipeline operations and conduct planning that provides critical operations support for client companies.
* Delve into existing code as well as write new applications.
* Fundamental product analysis and design, source code development, and project driven development.
* Manage a total software solution for pipeline scheduling.
* Organize and consolidate information required to generate short- and long-term schedules for liquid pipeline movements.
* Help pipeline companies schedule their pipelines efficiently and rapidly within a single application.
* Allows the user to rapidly collect shipping requests and create a working schedule and manage that schedule through its active period. Schedules can be created based on nominated volumes or management of terminal inventories, or any combination of these.
* Determine coding design requirements from function and detailed specification.
* Analyze software bugs and affect code repairs.
* Design, develop, and deliver specified software features.
* Produce usable documentation and test procedures.
* Deal directly with the end clients to assist in software validation and deployment.
Must be able to travel approximately 10%.
* Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or Mathematics
* 0-5 years of experience required.
* Self-starter preferred.
* Strong grounding in Mathematics preferred.
* Strong programming skills in C#, Java preferred.
* WCF and/or WPF experience, preferred.
* Strong problem solving skills preferred.
* Experience in developing numerical simulation and computational fluid dynamics applications preferred.
* Experience in simulation modeling software preferred.
* Experience with liquid pipeline operations or volumetric accounting preferred.
* Knowledge of hydraulics/fluid dynamics preferred.
* Knowledge of oil and gas pipeline industry, preferred.
* Flexibility to work harmoniously with a small development team preferred.
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by calling 1-314-553-2544 (V/TTY/TDD) or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.