Not sure what types of jobs you are interested in?
Based on Your Education
Software Engineer Co-Op (Jan - June 2014)
The candidate would be a member of a Software Engineering team involved in developing and testing EMC's storage products. The co-op will participate in many phases of the Development Life Cycle from translating written requirements/specifications into viable test plans and test automation. Co-op may also be involved with improving the quality of the source code through increased test coverage, bug fixes and updating code to be in compliance with our coding standards. This involves cross-functional teamwork with architecture and documentation teams. Other responsibilities include: product installation, test plan execution, defect detection, reporting, and verification, applying and testing patches, programming automated test cases, and verifying product documentation. The ideal candidate demonstrates willingness to learn, takes initiative, is curious and innovative, possesses broad technical skills, can budget time well, has the ability to troubleshoot issues, and is a team player.
**EMC sponsors 2 unique Co-Op opportunities. The dates run from either January - June or July to December.
For this role a Candidate must be available to work 40 hours per week from January - June 2014.
- Proficiency in Java/C++ programming
- User and administrative experience on Windows
- Experience installing and configuring software
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Experience as a Software Test and Quality Assurance Engineer on large software systems, applications or computer systems or equivalent is required.
- Experience in testing methodologies and theories, test plan development, test case design, test execution practices, data collection and root cause analysis techniques, and reporting practices required.
- Familiarity with software engineering principles
- General experience in Linux/UNIX
- General database experience
- General SAN/Storage knowledge
- Scripting experience
- Candidate should be working towards Bachelors or Master's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent discipline.
Region NA Job Country United States Job State MA Job City Hopkinton Job Postal/Zip Code 01748 Job Group 1 G&A Job Group 2 Business Support & Admin Job Group 3 Business Support Other Business Unit 100 - EMC CORPORATE
EMC is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver information technology as a service (ITaaS). Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset — information — in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way.