Assistant Winemaker - Central Valley
Why E. & J. Gallo Winery?
E. & J. Gallo Winery was founded by two entrepreneurs-Ernest and Julio Gallo with a vision to democratize wine in the United States becoming the largest winery in the world. This spirit continues today, where Gallo offers opportunities where we value innovation, collaboration, and creative thinking.
Are you a dynamic individual who can bring a passion for wine, energy and a refined palate to our team? E. & J. Gallo Winery is seeking an Assistant Winemaker to join our family, supporting all activities of the winemaking process. You will be responsible for influencing the growing of grapes (raw materials stage) through the quality of wine delivered to the consumer.
What You Will Do
- Cellar Process Management:
- Manage supplies and ingredients, including pre-harvest winemaking supplies, all wine additives and Fining agents
- Actively participates in the management of grapes, juices and wines including chemical and ingredient additions, racks, transfers, clarification, blends, shipping and final preparation for bottling
- Influence harvest decisions in the grapes received, crushing, pressing and fermentation process
- Quality Control:
- Participate in the wine tasting process and is responsible for the attainment of wine flavor profiles which meet marketing needs
- Identify aromas and flavors in wines and recommends treatments to improve wine quality through tasting of inventory at assigned location(s)
- Maintain wines within internal "gold standard" specifications from grape to bottle
What You Need
- Bachelor's degree plus 1 year of Enology, Winemaking, Viticulture or Chemistry experience
- Ability to lift and move 35 pounds or more
- Vision necessary to gauge wine & brandy color
- Valid driver's license and successful completion of background check. Required to obtain a California driver's license or appropriate state driver's license within 30 days of hire.
What Will Set You Apart
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Chemistry, Enology, Fermentation Science, Food Science or Microbiology plus 2 years of winemaking experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility
- Passion for creating the world's best wine
- Strong working knowledge of all-winemaking equipment, processes and procedures
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future
To view a full job description, please click here.
Job Posting ID: 12382