Why E. & J. Gallo Winery?
E. & J. Gallo Winery was founded by two entrepreneurs-Ernest and Julio Gallo with a vision to democratize wine in the United States becoming the largest winery in the world. This spirit continues today, where Gallo offers opportunities where we value innovation, collaboration, and creative thinking.
As a Winery Technician at the Livingston Winery, you will be responsible for supporting the development trails and processes to help facilitate large scale production throughout the winery. You will function as the shift lead in guiding the work of seasonal and temporary production workers.
What You Will Do
- Creates work orders in Wine Manager; ensures that all employees are also completing work orders
- Relays work instructions to seasonal and temporary personnel ensuring that they are executed in timely and precise manner
- Participates in monitoring of fermentation activity, analysis and management of grapes received during harvest including, but not limited to: temperatures, TA, pH, Brix, VA, tank top/bottom evaluations
- Engages in barrel fills, barrel topping, barrel SO2 addition, barrel ingredient additions and barrel out and back duties
What You Need
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution plus 2 years of wine production experience
- Required to roll and move 70 pound wine barrels
- Ability to work a rotating shift/schedule throughout the year (day, swing, graveyard, 5x8, 4x10); including working weekends and overtime when necessary
- Ability to undergo onsite forklift certification
- Ability to wear a respirator, when necessary
- Ability to lift and move equipment and cases of product that weigh up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to conduct work at elevated heights
What Will Set You Apart
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution plus 4 years of wine production experience
- Knowledge of basic winemaking
- Knowledge of Brix, alcohol, TA, pH, RS, VA, SO2, Temperature, O2
Gallo will not provide Visa sponsorship for this now or in the future.
To view a full job description, please click here.