Why E. & J. Gallo Winery?
E. & J. Gallo Winery was founded by two entrepreneurs-Ernest and Julio Gallo with a vision to democratize wine in the United States becoming the largest winery in the world. This spirit continues today, where Gallo offers opportunities where we value innovation, collaboration, and creative thinking.
Are you a dynamic individual who can bring a passion for wine, energy and a refined palate to our team? E. & J. Gallo Winery is seeking an Enologist 1 to join our family, performing enology functions associated with the winemaking process for assigned locations across all wine varieties and brands. You will be responsible for influencing the growing of grapes, the production of wines, and the quality of wine delivered to the consumer.
What You Will Do
- Review wine analysis, tank top inspection reports; communicates out-of-specification wines to winemakers
- Support the wine production processes across all wine varieties and brands
- Maintain and sorts data from winemaking trials, experiments and wine processing operations
- Partner with production personnel to coordinate work order execution
- Function as liaison between winemaking and production
- Coordinate the work order process
- Participate on cross-functional and interdepartmental teams to accomplish project goals
What You Need
- Bachelor's degree in Biological Engineering, Biology, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Enology, Viticulture, Fermentation Science, Nutritional Science, Food Science Plant Science or Microbiology OR a high school diploma or GED from an accredited institution PLUS 4 years of enology, viticulture or winemaking experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility
- Experience working at least one grape harvest in production winemaking
- Required to occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision necessary to judge and evaluate wine color
- Required to taste and evaluate wines
- Required to be 21 years of age or older
- Valid driver's license and successful completion of background check. Required to obtain a California driver's license or appropriate state driver's license within 30 days of hire
What Will Set You Apart
- Bachelor of Science degree in Biological Engineering, Biology, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Enology, Viticulture, Fermentation Science, Nutritional Science, Food Science Plant Science or Microbiology plus 3 years of enology, viticulture or winemaking experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future
To view a full job description, please click here.
Job Posting ID: 10682