Facilities Maintenance Mechanic 1
Why E. & J. Gallo Winery?
E. & J. Gallo Winery was founded by two entrepreneurs-Ernest and Julio Gallo with a vision to democratize wine in the United States becoming the largest winery in the world. This spirit continues today, where Gallo offers opportunities where we value innovation, collaboration, and creative thinking.
As a Facilities Maintenance Mechanic 1, you will be responsible performing a variety of basic maintenance functions under the direction of the Facility Mechanic as well as providing occasional operational support to the Operations Technician.
What You Will Do
- Equipment Technical Skills:
- Support the installation of wiring and conduit ensuring compliance with company, state, and federal regulations
- Perform repairs to concrete and other facility structures
- Participate in maintenance activities ensuring that facility maintains a satisfactory GPM rating
- Perform plumbing and piping installation and repair operations
- Provide assistance with maintaining refrigeration cooling system for wine storage tanks
What You Need
- Two-year technical degree plus 1 year of facility/building maintenance or production experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility OR a high school diploma or GED from an accredited institution plus 3 years of facility/building maintenance or production maintenance experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility
- Required to be at least 18 years of age
- Required to work 24-hour, on-call shifts for maintenance when necessary
- Required to work at extreme heights
- Required to lift and carry up to 60 pounds
- Required to provide your own tools
What Will Set You Apart
- Two-year technical degree plus 3 years of facility/building maintenance or production experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility
- Winery cellar operations experience
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future
To view a full job description, please click here.
Job Posting ID: 10063