A Human Resources Representative (Rep) oversees the implementation of actions and processes that drive human resources based projects, programs and initiatives. Responsible for developing collaborative relationships with client group(s) that fosters employee growth up to the director level. Partners with HR services areas (talent acquisition and compensation) to fill open job requisitions and ensure fair and equitable pay throughout the client group(s).
- Partners with client leadership team members to assess the effectiveness of the organization's leadership, communication, and organizational design and implementation.
- Provides expert knowledge in developing and implementing solutions designed to address the needs and issues of internal and external partners.
- Participates in the recruitment efforts.
- Participates on the interview teams for all interviews within the client group(s); offers suggestions/recommendations to hiring managers regarding interviewed candidates.
- Collaborates with the talent acquisition department, the compensation department and hiring managers to facilitate the job offer process.
- Partners with HR leadership and client group(s) senior leadership to develop functional /commercial objectives, goals, strategies and measures (OGSM's) that drive business strategy.
- Participates in the development and management of the corporate Performance Incentive Program (PIP) and the Annual Salary Planning process; collaborates with the compensation department to drive the program and process.
- Recommends changes to existing HR system dynamics.
- Suggests new approaches, policies and procedures that effect continuous improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Participates in recruitment efforts for the UG and/or MBA program; manages the placement, assimilation, and sponsorship of selected candidates.
- Facilitates organizational discussions (e.g. employee movement, department reorganizations., organizational structure and existing organizational capabilities).
- Collaborates with HR leadership to administer the Human Resources Planning/Functional Succession Planning (HRP) processes; ensures integration of HRP into performance management and staffing decisions for high potential
- employees and senior management.
- Conducts career coaching sessions; creates employee development plans and monitors the progress of the employee.
- Identifies high potential employees and develops their career paths.
- Serves on cross functional teams designed develop and implement client specific process improvements.
- Leads training courses for managers and employees.
- Performs investigations relating to employee issues and claims; makes recommendations on next steps and appropriate discipline; supports management high level investigations.
- Instructs team leaders, mid- level managers and directors on how to handle performance issues (includes documentation assistance and legal review).
- Identifies new opportunities where HR can add a benefit to the business unit.
- Supports corporate diversity initiatives to include community and educational involvement.
- Maintains satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations. If accountable for the work of others, responsible for ensuring their understanding and compliance.
- This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned
- Develops, coaches, and mentors subordinate staff member.
- Conducts performance evaluations; recommends salary adjustments; rewards employees or takes disciplinary action, as necessary; addresses complaints and resolves issues.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Bachelor's degree plus 5 years of human resources experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; or 9 years of human resources experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Experience handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Bachelor's degree plus 8 years of resources generalist/representative experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Masters degree in Business Administration.
- Experience reading, analyzing and interpreting the most complex documents.
- Experience responding effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Experience effectively presenting information to customers, employees or management within an organization.
- Experience working on special projects.
- Skilled in the use of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and MS PowerPoint at an intermediate level.
- Skilled in interpersonal communication and customer service.
- Knowledge of HR policies and processes.
- Experience engaging, inspiring, and influencing people.
- Experience defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts and drawing valid conclusions.
- Experience working with all levels and functions within the company.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and use hands to finger, handle or feel.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.