Quality Technician 2 (Spirits)
Why E. & J. Gallo Winery?
The E. & J. Gallo Winery was founded by two entrepreneurs-Ernest and Julio Gallo with a vision to democratize wine in the United States becoming the largest winery in the world. This spirit continues today, where Gallo offers opportunities where we value innovation, collaboration, and creative thinking.
As a Quality Technician 2 with E&J Gallo Winery, routine chemical, microbiological, and physical analysis and tests required for quality control of processes or products. By doing this you will have an immediate impact on our final product to be delivered to our customer.
What You Will Do
- Perform microbiological analysis utilizing established methods on wine samples from the Modesto Cellar and Bottling Room
- Monitor bottling lines for sanitation efficacy, media prep, shooting media plates, sterilizing bottles, saline bottle prep, and PCR reactions
- Operate laboratory instruments such as an auto-titrator, refractometer, density meter, gas chromatographs, high performance liquid chromatographs, infrared analyzers, balances, turbidimeters, and other instruments as required to perform duties
- Perform quality checks on packaged goods for accuracy and placement in accordance to the production work order
What You Need
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Bachelor of Science Degree OR Associate of Science Degree OR Current college/university student with 4 competed semesters of coursework (completion of sophomore academic standing)
- Completion of Level 1 and Level 2 chemistry courses (both lecture and lab courses).
- Lift and move up to 50 pounds
- Work rotating shifts, weekends and overtime
- Valid driver's license and successful completion of background check. Required to obtain a California driver's license or appropriate state driver's license within 30 days of hire
What Will Set You Apart
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Food Science, or Biology
- Experience maintaining and troubleshooting lab equipment
- Experience with microbial aseptic techniques
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future
To view a full job description, please click here.
Job Posting ID: 10065