Wastewater OIT (Livingston)
Why E. & J. Gallo Winery?
E. & J. Gallo Winery was founded by two entrepreneurs-Ernest and Julio Gallo with a vision to democratize wine in the United States becoming the largest winery in the world. This spirit continues today, where Gallo offers opportunities where we value innovation, collaboration, and creative thinking.
As a Wastewater OIT, you will be responsible under direct supervision monitoring the operations of the wastewater systems at the Gallo Livingston Wastewater Facility. You will conduct routine laboratory tests to validate optimal system functionality and engage in minor maintenance of the wastewater system.
What You Will Do
- Perform minor maintenance duties ensuring the optimized operation of the wastewater plant; report system malfunctions to supervisor or maintenance engineers
- Monitor reservoir levels and coordinates water storage, usage, and allotments; support the inspection of pump stations and other related wastewater treatment facility equipment
- Manually operate and adjust wastewater treatment processing valves, gates, motors, pumps, and chemical feed systems
- Monitor automated alarms/controls and maintaining electronic control and flow monitoring devices
- Adjust wastewater flows, draining water from clarifiers, operating pumps to transfer wastewater
- Operate pumps, valves, chlorinators, telemetry controls, sludge presses and other water and wastewater flow regulating controls and equipment
- Collect water samples and conduct predefined laboratory tests
What You Need
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution plus 2 years of production or operations experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility
- Ability to work with caustic chemicals to execute some job functions
- Ability to work day, swing or graveyard shifts
- Required to obtain State of California Operator-in-Training certificate within the 1st year of hire
- Required to climb ladders and inspect the tops of tanks
What Will Set You Apart
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution plus 4 years of production or operations experience
Possession of State of California Operator-in-Training certificate
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future
To view a full job description, please click here.
Job Posting ID: 8041