Works with and supports other Legal Department attorneys and Compliance Department staff with alcoholic beverage, sales and marketing, and commercial law matters and other assignments as needed.
- Develops and maintains expertise in laws, regulations and practices to effectively draft and review agreements, provide legal advice, and perform other legal functions as necessary in the following areas:
- Domestic Marketing (Contracts, Research and Counseling on Marketing Practices, Cause Marketing).
- International Marketing (Contracts and Research and Counseling on Marketing Practices).
- Domestic and International Sales (Distributor and Customer Agreements and Relations, Research and Counseling on Trade Practices).
- Support to Supply Chain and Compliance on Commercial Law, Labeling, Product Registration, and other Regulatory Issues associated with Domestic and International Sales.
- Support to Winemaking and Compliance on Product Development and Composition Regulatory Issues and Initiatives.
- Develops, revises, and conducts legal training programs for Winery business personnel in areas of responsibility.
- Manages or assists in Winery response to governmental regulatory inquiries and investigations in areas of responsibility.
- Consults with, supervises, or manages outside counsel as appropriate in areas of responsibility.
- Must maintain satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory consideration.
- This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess or quickly develop the ability to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- A Juris Doctorate plus a minimum of three (3) years of Litigation, Regulatory, or General Corporate experience with a law firm.
- California State Bar member.
- Required to travel up to 5% of the time.
- Strong academic record in law school, preferably from leading law school.
- Demonstrates flexibility and success working in a fast-paced, change-oriented environment.
- Experience working as a team player and striving for building consensus with the team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Skilled at handling projects with a sense of urgency.
- Willing to relocate primary residence to Modesto area.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas now or in the future
Job Requisition 8141