Why E. & J. Gallo Winery?
E. & J. Gallo Winery was founded by two entrepreneurs-Ernest and Julio Gallo with a vision to democratize wine in the United States becoming the largest winery in the world. This spirit continues today, where Gallo offers opportunities where we value innovation, collaboration, and creative thinking.
You are highly conceptual. In fact, your wheels start turning before the creative-briefing is over. You have the ability to orchestrate Retail Theater. You understand the Shopper's mind-set and create programs and display materials that grab the imagination, as well as engage the Shopper at every point of contact. You enjoy looking for the next big idea and your organizational skills keep you on-track. You are comfortable in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple projects with multiple deadlines. You enjoy collaborating on your projects from rough sketches, to final delivery and you are team player.
As a Shopper Marketing Designer at E. & J. Gallo Winery, you will be able to contribute to the development and execution of innovative strategic solutions for all assigned projects. This includes POP, digital-concepts, departmental redesigns, category and brand initiatives tailored to our retail partners. You will collaborate with teams to conceptualize and work with mentors to bring brands to life pre-store, in-store and post-purchase. Strategizing and brainstorming with your team, will allow you to solve creative challenges and sell your ideas. You will employ your exceptional skills in design composition, user-interface and typography to create and refine impactful, amazing designs. Enjoy the challenge and be proud of your work!
What You'll Do
- By leveraging your creative curiosity for the Shopper, you will research, concept and design impactful programs tailored for specific retailers
- Your thirst for knowledge will lead you to continually challenging the status quo and help break barriers in developing strategic plans to exceed expectations
- Being a story teller by nature helps you capture the Shopper, by leveraging your design, typography and user-interface skills, at all levels
- Researching magazines, trade groups, blogs, Pinterest, etc. helps you stay current with trends and innovation in the shopper marketing realm, that has a direct link back to your success
- By supporting the overall department efforts, you will have an impact in the strategic vision
- Your work will have an impact in the execution of innovative projects that have a solid retail strategy by working collaboratively with others
- You will help prepare and deliver visually compelling, engaging and persuasive presentations to both internal and cross-functional partners
What You Need:
- Bachelor's degree plus creative design agency experience experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility -OR- Associates degree plus 2 years of creative design agency experience experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility -OR- 6 years of creative design agency experience experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility including High School diploma or GED
- Skilled in the use of Macintosh platform, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop at an advanced level
- Skilled in the use of Adobe Acrobat at a basic level
- Skilled in MS Office Suite as a basic level
- Ability to work extended hours when supporting your team in getting the job done
What Will Set You Apart:
- Bachelor's degree plus 1 year of shopper-marketing design agency experience OR integrated consumer promotional campaign experience
- Image retouching and compositing skills
- Experience and competency in print production, file preparation, and prepress
- Exceptional, advanced skill with design composition, retail display, typography and color
- Wine, distilled spirits, beer, beverage or other CPG experience
- Ability to envision strategic concepts targeted towards specific retailer's 360 shopper programs
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future
To view a full job description, please click here.