Technical Team Leader 2 (Automation / Controls)
Why E. & J. Gallo Winery?
E. & J. Gallo Winery was founded by two entrepreneurs-Ernest and Julio Gallo with a vision to democratize wine in the United States becoming the largest winery in the world. This spirit continues today, where Gallo offers opportunities where we value innovation, collaboration, and creative thinking.
As a Technical Team leader, you will be responsible for developing high performance work teams and the installation and repair of machinery. As a part of the Operations team you will have the opportunity to enlist internal and external resources to make improvements that shape production and product quality. If you have a desire to learn lean manufacturing principles, we offer green and black belt certification programs. At Gallo, your career path is unique to you and the experiences you are looking to gain.
What you'll do:
- Leadership Development:
- Develop high performance work teams, including championing the 4E's (Engages, Enlists, Envisions, and Executes)
- Continuous Improvement:
- Deploy lean principles and tools while enlisting internal and external resources to improve standard work processes and material handling methods
- Technical Development:
- Work closely with engineering disciplines in the enhancement of PLC controls and improve the effectiveness of systems, policies and procedures
- Execute capital projects
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering plus 5 years of technical production/operations or technical maintenance experience -OR- Bachelor's degree in Engineering plus 6 years of military operations and leadership experience OR 9 years of technical production/operations or maintenance including a high school diploma or GED
- Ability to occasionally lift and move up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to work an off-shift (swing or graveyard)
- Supervisory experience
What will set you apart:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering plus 7 years of production or operations or technical maintenance experience
- Experience leading continuous improvement initiatives
- Experience working in a consumer product goods environment
- Robotic-specific maintenance experience
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future
To view a full job description, please click here.
Job Posting ID: 4202