By incorporating the attributes of self confidence, enthusiasm, product knowledge, creativity, and common sense, represents all distributor products to Grocery/Drug chain stores. Manages and provides guidance to Merchandisers assigned to merchandise specific store shelves, cold box, and floor displays approved by store management.
- Conducts distributor business in an assigned territory containing 15-35 accounts in such a way that an appropriate sales volume will be achieved.
- Through the use of business builders and trackers, pre-plans each call for maximum effectiveness.
- Gains knowledge of competitive sales trends and pricing in order to maintain specific pricing structures on all Gallo products.
- Knows the sales trends in each account, understands the business strategies and practices of each decision maker.
- Knowledge of products, promotional and merchandising programs to achieve and maintain 100% distribution achievement in every account.
- Demonstrates entrepreneurial spirit for seeking out new accounts.
- Listens carefully to needs and preferences of retail decision makers.
- Uses data facts and figures, IRI, etc. to correctly make persuasive sales presentations.
- Overcomes objections raised during a sales presentation.
- Manages and provides guidance to Merchandisers assigned to merchandise specific store shelves, cold box, and floor displays approved by store management.
- In the absence of a Merchandiser, merchandises products through use of Point of Sale materials, cold box and shelf management, and creative mass display to stimulate impulse sales.
- Provides continuing and conscientious service to each account by managing accounts receivable, inventory, rotating display product, cold box product, and shelf stock when necessary.
- Maintains up to date route cards and account records.
- Uses pocket PCs for storing and reporting sales information.
- Provides management with accurate daily sales reports and display trackings.
- Complies with all the distributor policies and procedures.
- Effectively handles special in-store problems and reporting that might occur from time to time.
- Projects a professional appearance while being resourceful, friendly and persistent with retail decision makers.
- Maintains a cooperative attitude with management and provides reports that are accurate and on time.
- Practices safe work and driving habits and, if accountable for others, ensures their understanding and compliance of such habits.
- Maintains satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations. If accountable for the work of others, responsible for ensuring their understanding and compliance.
- This job description reflects management's assignments of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 21 years of age or older.
- Required to successfully pass physical demands testing.
- Valid, unrestricted California driver's license and clean DMV record; no more than 2 moving violations within the past 3 years and no DUI/DWI convictions within the past 5 years.
- Required to lift and move 45 - 57 pound cases of product.
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree.
- 2 years retail sales experience.
- Leadership aptitude or skill.
- Good communication skills; sticks to point.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Good time management skills.
- Good organization skills.
- Demonstrated teamwork experience.
- Available to work weekends for special functions/events.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be on his/her feet for long periods of time and frequently bends, stoops and climbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The temperature, noise level and cleanliness of the work environment vary with each retail account.
To view a full job description, please click here.