TEAM LEADER 2-OPERATIONS | 200202
Why E. & J. Gallo Winery?
E. & J. Gallo Winery was founded by two entrepreneurs-Ernest and Julio Gallo with a vision to democratize wine in the United States becoming the largest winery in the world. This spirit continues today, where Gallo offers opportunities where we value innovation, collaboration, and creative thinking.
As an Operations Team Leader you will be responsible for leading and motivating team members toward a common goal. You will have broad influence on the organization both cross-shift and cross-functional in helping to drive exceptional performance. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your continuous improvement skills through lean practices, we offer green and black belt certifications. At Gallo, your career path is unique to you and the experiences you are looking to gain.
What You Will Do
- Leadership Development
- Leads and develop team members through removing barriers to performance, providing needed resources and clearly setting goals
- Develops a sense of ownership among department individuals and teams
- Continuous Improvement
- Champion the 4E's (Engages, Enlists, Envisions, and Executes)
- Works cross-functionally to improve processes within the organization
- Support Lean Enterprise and Kaizen teams
- Change Agent
- Embrace change and lead team members through change
What You Need
- Bachelor's degree plus 5 years of production operations or logistics management experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; OR Bachelor's degree plus 6 years of military operations and leadership experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; OR High school diploma or GED. plus 9 years of production operations or logistics management experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Valid California Driver's license and acceptable DMV record.
- Required to work an off-shift (swing or graveyard).
- Required to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
What Will Set You Apart
- Experience working in a consumer product goods environment
- Prior supervisory or management experience in a union environment
- Experience leading continuous improvement initiatives (lean six-sigma)
To view a full job description, please click here.