568 Utility Driver 2 (Temporary)
Why E. & J. Gallo Winery?
E. & J. Gallo Winery was founded by two entrepreneurs-Ernest and Julio Gallo with a vision to democratize wine in the United States becoming the largest winery in the world. This spirit continues today, where Gallo offers opportunities where we value innovation, collaboration, and creative thinking.
As a Utility Driver, you will be responsible for providing interplant courier services between Modesto, Livingston, Madera, Fresno and other southern facilities. You will provide Roll-Off Truck service for trash and recyclable materials for the Modesto campus.
What You Will Do
- Physical Demand:
- Dump 10-30 yard trash bins and various recycle bins from the Modesto Campus using a Roll-Off Truck
- Load/offload carriers/trucks in support of all company operations
- Customer Service:
- Distribute internal freight/packages/mail and internal/external wine orders to recipients on and off campus
- Delivery of freight and mail between Modesto and Southern Facilities using Flatbed Courier Truck
- Continuous Improvement:
- Complete daily GMP assignments, monthly safety inspections, follows 5S guidelines and participates in quality inspections per FSSC regulations
What You Need
- High school diploma or GED plus 3 years of experience driving in a commercial role
- Required to possess a valid class A or B license or permit with air-brake certification, current medical certificate; required to possess a clean driving record
- Willingness to submit to random drug and alcohol testing per DOT regulations
- Able to lift, push and pull a minimum of 75 pounds
- Ability to work overtime and weekends as needed
What Will Set You Apart
- High school diploma or GED plus 5 years of experience driving in a commercial role
- Previous Forklift experience (Will obtain Gallo Certification)
- 2 years' experience in Shipping, Receiving or Warehousing
- DOT Certification or HazMat related experience / training
To view a full job description, please click here.