Why E. & J. Gallo Winery?
The E. & J. Gallo Winery was founded by two entrepreneurs—Ernest and Julio Gallo with a vision to democratize wine in the United States becoming the largest winery in the world. This spirit continues today, where Gallo offers a top class Family Office team where we value innovation, strategic partnership and the caring of our employees.
Reporting to the Supervisor of Family Tax, the Bookkeeper role is essential to preparing and supporting the financial endeavors of our Gallo family members. You will provide support and best practice approaches to delivering accurate information to our Gallo family members. You will be in a very important and visible position that will include handling confidential and sensitive financial information.
What You Will Do
- Maintain general ledgers and prepare balance sheets and profit & loss statements
- Monitor cash balances
- Track and book financial transactions for the family members and their businesses
- Ensure all financial reports and functions are prepared accurately
- Preparation of payroll, quarterly and year-end tax reports, AP/AR, bank reconciliations and inventory records
- Gather and reconcile information needed for tax return preparation
- Assist with completing loan applications for family members
- Collaborate with outside bookkeepers, accountants and financial advisors
- Demonstrate a high level of attention to detail while maintaining confidential information
What You Need
- 2 years of bookkeeping experience to include 1 year of experience in double entry accounting and full lifecycle payroll processing
- A High School Diploma or GED required
- Intermediate MS Word and Excel experience
- Basic understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Required to pass a Background and Credit Check
What Will Set You Apart
- Associates Degree or higher, in Accounting or Bookkeeping
- Experience in preparing tax returns (not required, but helpful)
- Attention to detail and ability to self-check work product
- Ability to work independently but also a good team player
- Ability to comfortably converse with both senior and young adult family members with calm and poise
To view a full job description, please click here.