Under general supervision, provides administrative and staff support to the sales organization by administering programs, projects, and processes specific to organizational needs. This position typically supports an executive below the vice president level.
- Generates daily, weekly and monthly reports using Excel and our in house programs.
- Organizes, prioritizes and meets deadlines while working on numerous on-going projects simultaneously.
- Prepares correspondence, and memoranda.
- Prepares and prints monthly sales packets.
- Conducts data tracking for department (e.g. attendance and training).
- Participates in the assimilation process for new hires (e.g. order business cards and cell phones, ensures paperwork is completed and forwarded to the correct department).
- Creates PowerPoint presentation materials.
- Screens telephone calls, receives and directs visitors, resolves routine and some complex inquiries.
- Distributes incoming mail; prepares packages for shipping.
- Organizes and maintains file system.
- Orders and maintains supplies; arranges for equipment maintenance when necessary.
- Creates expense reports and reconciles department purchasing cards.
- Maintains calendar of appointments, meetings and travel itineraries; coordinates related arrangements.
- Coordinates in house and off premise meetings.
- Asks questions, takes direction, functions proactively and changes priorities as needed.
- Distributes minutes of meetings and other vital department information.
- Maintains satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory consideration.
- This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or GED plus 2 years of administrative support experience.
- Skilled in the use of MS Excel, MS Outlook, and MS PowerPoint at an intermediate level.
- Skilled in reading, comprehending, interpreting, and executing simple instruction, short correspondence and memos.
- Skilled in writing simple correspondence.
- Skilled in adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing using whole numbers.
- High school diploma or GED plus 4 years of administrative support experience.
- Experience operating standard office equipment to include personal computer.
- Experience organizing, prioritizing and meeting deadlines while working on numerous on-going projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of standard office practices and procedures.
- Excellent telephone skills.
- Skilled in the use of BRIO, FMM, Web SMIS DocLink
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with all levels of management.
- Experience working independently and exercising confidentiality and sound judgment in making decisions.
- Experience composing and formatting correspondence, business proposals and presentations.
- Experience dealing with confidential information.
- Experience to making travel arrangements.
- Experience communicating and working with all levels of an organization.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear. The employee is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms on a daily basis.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.