Req #: 54401
Mall/Shopping Center: Palms Crossing, McAllen
At DSW, we believe in the power of shoes. We understand shoes bring out something great from within, and since 1991 we've been helping everyone feel the rush of finding that perfect pair. So when you work for DSW, you become a part of all that. A family whose core values are comprised of passion, accountability, collaboration, and humility. You become one of us, You become a Shoe Lover!
Assistant Store Managers lead by example and supervise store associates to ensure delivery of an inspiring and uniquely responsive customer experience through service that is friendly, enthusiastic, passionate and real. Assistant Store Managers assist in developing and implementing action plans that meet service levels and balance task completion. Coaches behaviors that align with the company values of Accountability, Collaboration, Humility and Passion. Each Assistant Store Manager is expected to communicate fashion trend information to store associates to promote product knowledge. Assistant Store Managers assist Store Manager in translating the trend into effective visual presentation, and they ensure that the presentation standards are in line with the company's direction and consistently represent the brand image. Assistant Store Managers assist with inventory control and financial processes.
REPORTS TO: Assistant Store Managers report to the Store Manager. In higher volume stores, the Assistant Store Managers also report to the Operations or Merchandise Manager.
SALES/MERCHANDISE VOLUME RESPONSIBILITY:
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES: Assistant Store Managers ensure customer satisfaction and operational excellence within the store by focusing on the following:
- Sales and Service - Leads associate engagement and implementation of financial plans to maintain KPI performance on a weekly basis. Meets Rewards and KPI goals by reinforcing behaviors that support Check, Check, Match and the values of the company. Provides recognition and feedback to improve performance. Responds to customer feedback with a sense of urgency.
- Associate and Team Development - Assists with the recruitment, hiring and on-boarding of associates. Helps identify and provide associate training, product and trend information. Provides feedback to management on associate performance. Communicates associate goals and provides developmental opportunities, feedback and coaching to support the growth of the company. Seeks opportunities for personal performance growth and demonstrates interest in building leadership skills. Assists with daily associate relations issues and annual performance review process.
- Merchandising - Participates in and leads associates in merchandise placement, shipment processing and store recovery. Assists in the communication and execution of presentation standards that are consistent with brand image. Ensures store is compliant with established "Brand Experience" standards. Performs other duties as assigned by the Store Manager.
- Operations - Ensures consistency in daily housekeeping. Ensures all inventory and pricing directives are implemented. Opens and closes store in rotation with management staff. Leads by example ensuring company policy and procedural compliance. Maintains Loss Prevention and Safety standards. Adheres to daily store cleaning, recovery and maintenance. Reviews communication materials (Footnotes, memos, e-mail, etc) and follows up accordingly. Uses monthly Ops Assessment to identify and correct operational deficiencies in the store.
- Other Duties - Performs other duties as assigned by the Store Manager or other supervisor.
DSW believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities. We do not discriminate against race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected classification recognized by state or federal laws.