Req #: 53325
Mall/Shopping Center: Otay Ranch Town Center, Chula Vista
At DSW, we believe in the power of shoes. We understand shoes bring out something great from within, and since 1991 we've been helping everyone feel the rush of finding that perfect pair. So when you work for DSW, you become a part of all that. A family whose core values are comprised of passion, accountability, collaboration, and humility. You become one of us, You become a Shoe Lover!
Acts as an MOD, leading by example to ensure delivery of an inspiring and uniquely responsive customer experience through service that is friendly, enthusiastic, passionate and real. Demonstrates behaviors that align with the company values of Accountability, Collaboration, Humility and Passion. Partners with the management team to understand daily/weekly/monthly store priorities. Participates and supports merchandise placement, shipment processing and store recovery. Participates in monitoring associate compliance to all company policies and procedures and Loss Prevention Compliance. Assists in assigned projects and tasks that meet service levels including opening and closing the store.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Sales and Service: Models MOD behaviors, leading associate engagement. Drives results and KPI performance. Conducts huddles, reinforces behaviors, provides coaching and recognition that support Check, Check, Match and the values of the company. Responds to customer feedback with a sense of urgency.
- Associate and Team Development - Assists with the on-boarding of associates. Helps identify and communicate associate goals and provides coaching and feedback to support the growth of the Company. Provides feedback to Store Manager on associate performance. Seeks opportunities for personal performance growth and demonstrates interest in building leadership skills. Assists with daily associate relations issues and annual performance review process.
- Merchandising: Participates in and supports associates in merchandise placement, shipment processing and store recovery. Participates in the communication and execution of presentation standards that are consistent with brand image. Ensures store is compliant with established "Brand Experience" standards.
- Operations: Participates in monitoring of associates' compliance to all company policies and procedures. Participates in inventory control functions - including shipping and receiving, financial processes and building maintenance. Participates with the management of processes related to clearance merchandise, unit markdowns and damaged products. Identifies and responds to store housekeeping issues. Participates in shrink awareness training. Leads others in LP compliance. Uses monthly LP Assessment to identify and correct operational deficiencies in the store. Opens and closes store in rotation with management team. Participates with the upkeep of store back office/stockroom, front register area and administration of store procedures. Collaborates with the Store Manager with the maintenance requests and resolutions.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Store Manager.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to motivate others
- Basic computer skills, including e-mail, MS Word or other word processing program and Excel or other spreadsheet program
- EDUCATION : Minimum High School graduate
- EXPERIENCE: Minimum 1 year retail experience
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Some college preferred
DSW believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities. We do not discriminate against race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected classification recognized by state or federal laws.