Req #: 53081
Mall/Shopping Center: Millennia Center, Orlando
At DSW, we believe in the power of shoes. We understand shoes bring out something great from within, and since 1991 we've been helping everyone feel the rush of finding that perfect pair. So when you work for DSW, you become a part of all that. A family whose core values are comprised of passion, accountability, collaboration, and humility. You become one of us, You become a Shoe Lover!
Co-Managers lead by example and supervises associates to ensure delivery of an inspiring and uniquely responsive customer experience through service that is friendly, enthusiastic, passionate and real. Co-Managers assist in developing and implementing action plans that meet service levels and balance task completion. Co- Managers are expected to coach behaviors that align with the company values of Accountability, Collaboration, Humility and Passion. Co-Managers assist the Store Manager in the scheduling and planning process to ensure adequate coverage required to meet and exceed customer expectations.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES: Co- Managers are assigned a Division of Responsibility (DOR) of either Merchandising or Operations. Based on the needs of the business, Co-Managers may rotate through both DORs or assume additional responsibility outside of their assigned DOR. Co-Managers ensure customer satisfaction and operational excellence within the store by focusing on the following:
- Sales and Service - Models MOD behaviors and assists the Store Manager in the development and implementation of financial plans to drive KPI performance on a weekly basis. Meets Rewards and KPI goals by reinforcing behaviors that support Check, Check, Match and the values of the company. Provides recognition and feedback to improve performance. Responds to customer feedback with a sense of urgency. Responds to daily and weekly sales results by collaborating with Store Manager on adjustments to the merchandising plan and presentation standards.
- Associate and Team Development - Recruits, hires and on-boards Assistant Managers and associates. Assesses teams' performance on an ongoing basis and provides in-the-moment coaching, training and development to support the growth of the company. Seeks opportunities for personal performance growth and demonstrates interest in building leadership skills. Writes and conducts annual performance evaluations for sales associates and Assistant Managers. Oversees register and sales training. Assists store manager in organizing and conducting store meetings as necessary.
- Merchandising -Ensures associates are trained and developed to implement company visual and brand standards. Strategically plans and manages the movement of merchandise. Thinks ahead and implements merchandise plans to respond to customer purchase trends. Supervises Assistant Store Manager and associates in the training and consistent compliance of the #PREPPED process and brand standards and handling. Identifies and communicates merchandise recommendations to the Store and District Managers. Ensures sales floor integrity including weekly loading of the sales floor and maintenance of tagging standards. Plans and implements price adjustment and markdowns.
- Operations -Leads and follows through on processes related to product transfers, RTV, clearance merchandise, markdowns, damaged product and charge sends. Plans and manages all inventory and pricing directives. Utilizes the monthly Ops Assessment to identify operational deficiencies and creates and executes plans to course correct. Utilizes the LP Assessment to ensure store compliance. Identifies opportunities and implements plans to course correct and train associates. Oversees all "People" and time-keeping processes and ensures compliance. Thinks ahead and ensures store is staffed to optimal levels. Creates a strategy and manages a plan for recruitment and logistical on-boarding, orientation and training of associates. Identifies maintenance issues, makes requests and ensures resolution. Leads by example and manages associate compliance to all company policies and procedures. Opens and closes store in rotation with management team.
- Other Duties - Performs other duties as assigned by the Store Manager or other supervisor.
DSW believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities. We do not discriminate against race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected classification recognized by state or federal laws.