Job #: 13937BR
Job Category: Engineering
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: WV - Clarksburg
Dominion is one of the nation's largest producers and transporters of energy, with a portfolio of approximately 28,000 megawatts of generation, 11,000 miles of natural gas transmission, gathering and storage pipeline and 63,100 miles of electric transmission and distribution lines. Dominion operates the nation's largest natural gas storage system with 947 billion cubic feet of storage capacity and serves nearly 6 million utility and retail energy customers in 15 states.
Dominion has been chosen to serve as a featured company for the Troops to Energy Jobs program (T2EJ) through the Center for Energy Workforce Development (CEWD). To learn more about Dominion's commitment to active military and veterans, visit www.dom.com and search Military and Veterans.
Dominion Gas Transmission has an exciting Engineer II position available in our Clarksburg, WV office.
As our Design & Construction Engineer you will develop, manage, design, analyze, evaluate, and recommend facility plans/proposals by applying engineering theories, principles, and practices along with project management skills that contribute to efficient, safe, reliable, and profitable facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develop conceptual plans, preliminary schedules, accurate cost estimates, and agreements for proposed new facilities or modifications of existing facilities.
2. Provide leadership and accountability inclusive of project management, engineering, and construction support for capital projects from conceptual stage through successful start-up of facilities, with oversight of outside consultants or contractors;
responsible for adherence to budgets and schedules.
3. Develop timely, complete, and detailed designs for projects.
4. Develop and maintain specifications for materials/equipment.
5. Prepare requisitions for materials & equipment, design services, and construction services; evaluate proposals/bids.
6. Administer/manage service agreements, design contracts, and construction contracts.
7. Coordinate permit applications and environmental clearances required for capital projects.
8. Ensure accuracy of as-built information for assigned projects.
9. Ensure compliance with codes, laws, and company policies
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
You must demonstrate via resume or cover letter that you have met the Required Basic Qualifications:
1. Bachelors in Engineering from an ABET - accredited or ABET - recognized Engineering program - See Education Requirements Below.
2. Minimum four years relevant engineering design and construction experience.
Additional Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
1. Ability to independently manage and design all aspects of large, complex projects.
2. Ability to perform effectively in a high pace, multi-task environment; and ability to independently plan and organize work schedule.
3. Ability to communicate effectively and develop rapport with internal and external customers;
4. Ability to operate a personal computer including the ability to utilize computer & engineering software applications.
5. Ability to make recommendations and decisions.
Experience in natural gas industry
Civil or Mechanical Engineering Degree
Knowledge of DOT Pipeline Safety Regulations and related codes/standards
Engineer-in-Training certificate or PE license
Project Scheduling skills (Microsoft Project or Primavera)
In addition to any other specific requirements for this position, candidates must meet at least one of the following criteria in order to be considered for this position:
1) Possess an ABET-accredited 4-year engineering degree, based upon the year that the engineering degree program was accredited by ABET; or
2) Possess a 4-year engineering degree (from an institution outside of the U.S.) which is accredited through the country's own engineering accrediting body under the Washington Accord as a full Signatory, and is a degree that was recognized by that country's accrediting body on or after the date that full Signatory status was achieved; or
3) Possess a non-ABET accredited 4-year engineering degree and a post-graduate engineering degree from an institution where the undergraduate degree in the same engineering discipline is ABET-accredited based upon the year the undergraduate degree was accredited by ABET; or
4) Possess a 4-year degree in Physics, Chemistry or Mathematics and a post-graduate engineering degree from an institution where the undergraduate degree in the same engineering discipline is ABET-accredited based upon the year the undergraduate degree was accredited by ABET; or
5) Possess a current, valid United States Professional Engineer license.
Working Conditions: Extended work hours and overnight travel may, at times, be frequent and for extended time periods. Office work environment; visits to construction sites as necessary to ensure successful completion of projects; may be subject to construction hazards, inclement weather conditions, and high noise levels; safety-sensitive position subject to random drug testing; pre-employment drug test will be required for successful candidate; must possess a valid driver's license
Additional Information: We offer excellent plans and programs for employees. Employees are rewarded with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package which may include: health benefits with coverage for families and domestic partners, vacation, retirement plans, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Dominion is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce.
You can experience the excitement of our company-it's the difference between taking a job and starting a career.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/kxr6frw
About Dominion Transmission, Inc.
Dominion Transmission operates 7,800 miles of natural gas transmission lines stretching from Ohio through the Eastern and Mid-Atlantic states. It also operates one of the nation's largest underground natural gas storage systems with more than 950 billion cubic feet of storage capacity.