Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you're an experienced professional or a new graduate, you'll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call "Dewberry at Work," that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
Dewberry is seeking a Rail Project Engineer for the Southern California market. The team player will join Dewberry's national Transportation Service Line as part of growing Long Beach CA office. we seek must have a BS degree in Civil Engineering and a minimum of 6 years of civil and rail design experience. Prior experience with local transportation agencies and clients such as Metro, OCTA, RCTC, SANBAG, Metrolink, Class I railroads, or regional port authorities is highly desirable.
* Applies broad knowledge of principles and practices in specific area.
* Independently evaluates, selects, and adapts, standard techniques, procedures, and criteria.
* Acquires general knowledge of principles and practices of related fields and ability to function on smaller multidisciplinary teams.
* Works on projects of small size or portions of larger projects.
* Supports preparation of written plans and reports.
Required Skills & Required Experience:
* BS degree in Civil Engineering or related field
* Registered Professional Engineer in CA
* 6+ years' experience in transportation engineering, including design for freight rail or passenger transit facilities
* Experience in the following technical areas:
* Experience with AutoCAD and MicroStation
* Vertical and horizontal rail alignments,
* Grade crossings,
* Grading/drainage design,
* Rail facilities design
* Excellent oral and written communications skills.
* Local experience is highly preferred.
* At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
* Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
* Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry's background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.