Deer Valley is an award-winning destination ski resort that typically has positions available in lodging, ski school, casual and fine dining food and beverage operations, ski rental shops, mountain operations such as groomer, snowmaker, ski patrol and everything in between!
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Assist Ski Instructors and Supervisors with the Children's ski programs, including but not limited to ski lessons, lift riding, lunches and entertainment activities. Enhance the safety, fun and learning experience for children participating in these programs.
- Minimum 16 years of age
- Minimum Intermediate skier
- Detail oriented, patient, able to follow directions, able to remain calm during stressful times and enjoy working with children
- Able to lift at least 40 lbs, stand for long periods of time, withstand frequent up-and-down/ twisting/repetitive movements
JOB DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform as the four Deer Valley mascots
- Assist Instructors with students at the conveyor lift locations
- Help parents and children get to the correct Ski School locations
- Be an additional support for Instructors
DEER VALLEY SKIER SERVICES EXPECTATIONS:
- Exemplify a strong work ethic
- Function as a team player
- Interact with members of Skier Services peer group, instructors, agents and supervisors in a positive and professional manner
- Interact positively with other Deer Valley Resort employees
- Communicate any suggestions or concerns to manager in a timely manner
- Speak and act professionally while on duty
- Support/follow Deer Valley Resort policies and procedures and DV Employee Handbook guidelines
- Be a good example to those around you with a positive, supportive attitude
DATES OF EMPLOYMENT: December to mid April
Keyword: Instructor support, coordinator, ski lessons, mascot, ski school, assistant, seasonal, day time, part time, winter, DV, Deer Valley, Park City, Utah, UT.
Varying with employment status and tenure, Deer Valley offers their staff ski privileges, friends and family ski passes, health insurance, an end-of-season bonus, housing, dining and retail discounts, wellness and yoga classes, employee assistance support and more!
About Deer Valley Resort
Deer Valley Resort revolutionized the ski industry 27 years ago by being the first North American resort to provide the first-class service one would experience at a fine hotel. We offer luxurious amenities, such as ski valets, groomed-to-perfection slopes, on-site child care, lift ticket, lesson and rental packages and an award-winning ski school.
In 2002, Deer Valley Resort proudly hosted the Olympic Winter Games slalom, aerial and mogul events. Exceptional customer service, consistent quality and attention to every detail are all part of the Deer Valley experience. Our six mountains: Little Baldy Peak, Bald Eagle, Bald Mountain, Flagstaff, Empire Canyon and new Lady Morgan, offer a wide variety of skiing terrain, allowing our guests ample opportunity to indulge in our annual 300 inches of light, dry Utah powder.
Winter brings Utah's famous powder, but be sure you join us again in the summer. Summer at Deer Valley is filled with non-stop activity such as mountain biking, hiking, scenic chairlift rides, outdoor dining, Summer Adventure Camp for children and concerts in our outdoor amphitheater. Enjoy award-winning cuisine served on the beautiful outdoor deck at the Royal Street Café, or a gourmet picnic basket during one of our many evening concerts. Deer Valley Resort proudly brings the same commitment to its customer service for our summer activities, featuring an all-inclusive operation with mountain bike rentals, instruction and guided biking and hiking tours.