Deer Valley is an award-winning destination ski resort that typically has positions available in lodging, ski school, casual and fine dining food and beverage operations, ski rental shops, mountain operations such as groomer, snowmaker, ski patrol and everything in between!
Purpose/Description of Position:
Safe and efficient operation of Conveyor Lifts located in the Snow Park area. Assist and help all guests of the Conveyors with loading, unloading and safe use of the lifts. Set-up and takedown of fencing, signage, terrain features, etc. to support and enhance daily Ski School operations.
- Must be able to work outdoors for extended periods of time in a winter environment
- Able to interact/engage with guests and employees in a positive, productive, helpful and intelligible manner
- Must be able to lift and move fencing, signs, equipment, etc. weighing up to 60 pounds
- Enjoy helping and working with children and adults
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must be willing /able to use hand tools to move snow, build ramps, etc.
- Preferred-Must have ski equipment and have at least intermediate ski skills
- Preferred-Must be able to ski and ride chairlifts while carrying drills, fencing, etc.
Job Duties/Responsibilities and Deer Valley Skier Service Expectations:
- Consistently demonstrate extraordinary guest service and engagement
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor
- Continually ensure the safety of all Conveyor users, especially during loading and unloading. Demonstrate effective and efficient operation of Conveyors
- Maintain a safe work area and functional loading/unloading ramps
- As needed, clear/shovel/move snow from all Conveyor Lifts and surrounding areas
- Function as a team player and consistently demonstrate respect for other associates
- Demonstrate self-direction and excellent attendance, punctuality and dependability
- Complete required paperwork in a timely manner with accuracy and legibility
- Adhere to all Deer Valley Resort policies/procedures/guidelines
Deer Valley Resort provides exterior work uniform consisting of: Parka, windstopper, fleece vest, pants turtleneck, polo shirts and either a wool cap or baseball hat. Employee's provide waterproof snow boots, base/inner layer of clothing, warm gloves/mittens and goggles/sunglasses.
DATES OF EMPLOYMENT: December to mid April
keywords: lift ops, lift operations, conveyor, outdoor, winter, full-time, Deer Valley, Snow Park, DV, park city, utah, ut
Varying with employment status and tenure, Deer Valley offers their staff ski privileges, friends and family ski passes, health insurance, an end-of-season bonus, housing, dining and retail discounts, wellness and yoga classes, employee assistance support and more!