Deer Valley is an award-winning destination ski resort that typically has positions available in lodging, ski school, casual and fine dining food and beverage operations, ski rental shops, mountain operations such as groomer, snowmaker, ski patrol and everything in between!
PURPOSE OF POSITION: This position is responsible for assisting the Sous Chef with all food production for operations at the Royal Street Cafe.
SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have a minimum of 5 years experience in culinary skills and management
- Must possess the knowledge and skills to create incredible tasting dishes focusing on food trends and fresh local produce
- Must have a current Utah State food Handler's permit and or a Serve Safe Certificate
- Must be able to work well with a variety of cultures and cooperatively with all other departments Must also be able to speak and communicate in English while on exhibition kitchen lines, in front of and with all Deer Valley Guests
- Lifting and carrying at least 40 lbs
- Withstand frequent up-an-down/twisting/repetitive movements
- Requires exposure to machines, heat, steam, foodstuffs, cleaning chemicals and solvents
- Requires manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination for food preparation
- Must be able to operate simple to complex kitchen equipment
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Stay knowledgeable of current food trends and develop new menu items
- Be familiar with international, domestic and special diet cuisine preparation
- Operate the kitchen and direct kitchen personnel
- Maintain consistency of product with great attention to food quality, taste and presentation
- Control food costs based on forecasting, efficient food production planned requisitioning and careful attention to established product specifications
- Control labor costs and carry out administrative functions pertaining to forecasting, payroll, scheduling, recruiting, training, supervising, discipline, etc.
- Organize an efficient flow of production and maintain minimum but adequate staffing
- Set up a control system through recipes; assuring quality and portion consistency
- Maintain a good and reliable staff; to motivate, train and promote personnel with potential
- Maintain safe and sanitary working conditions for employees and with accordance to health codes
- Insure that high standard of dress, personal hygiene, and safety is maintained by all employees
- Think positively and cooperate willingly with Food and Beverage Director in all phases of our operations
- Maintain a general quality and style consistency in food offerings between lodges
- Insure proper maintenance and care is exhibited by all employees toward the operations, equipment and facility
- Maintain a positive rapport with guests even at busy and hectic times
- Must be able to analyze many variables and choose the most effective course of action for the kitchen at any given point in time. Must be able to resolve problems, handle conflict, and make effective decisions under pressure
Keyword: cook, assistant, Royal Street, cafe, sous chef, preparation, guest service, seasonal, winter, food, beverage, DV, Deer Valley, full time, Park City, Utah, UT.
Varying with employment status and tenure, Deer Valley offers their staff ski privileges, friends and family ski passes, health insurance, an end-of-season bonus, housing, dining and retail discounts, wellness and yoga classes, employee assistance support and more!
About Deer Valley Resort
Deer Valley Resort revolutionized the ski industry 27 years ago by being the first North American resort to provide the first-class service one would experience at a fine hotel. We offer luxurious amenities, such as ski valets, groomed-to-perfection slopes, on-site child care, lift ticket, lesson and rental packages and an award-winning ski school.
In 2002, Deer Valley Resort proudly hosted the Olympic Winter Games slalom, aerial and mogul events. Exceptional customer service, consistent quality and attention to every detail are all part of the Deer Valley experience. Our six mountains: Little Baldy Peak, Bald Eagle, Bald Mountain, Flagstaff, Empire Canyon and new Lady Morgan, offer a wide variety of skiing terrain, allowing our guests ample opportunity to indulge in our annual 300 inches of light, dry Utah powder.
Winter brings Utah's famous powder, but be sure you join us again in the summer. Summer at Deer Valley is filled with non-stop activity such as mountain biking, hiking, scenic chairlift rides, outdoor dining, Summer Adventure Camp for children and concerts in our outdoor amphitheater. Enjoy award-winning cuisine served on the beautiful outdoor deck at the Royal Street Café, or a gourmet picnic basket during one of our many evening concerts. Deer Valley Resort proudly brings the same commitment to its customer service for our summer activities, featuring an all-inclusive operation with mountain bike rentals, instruction and guided biking and hiking tours.