Deer Valley is an award-winning destination ski resort that typically has positions available in lodging, ski school, casual and fine dining food and beverage operations, ski rental shops, mountain operations such as groomer, snowmaker, ski patrol and everything in between!
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Operate chairlifts safely and efficiently. Organize guests in line to most efficiently load on chairlifts. Check guests for proper lift tickets. Promote the Deer Valley 3 Circle Model.
SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be willing to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Must be able to lift and carry 60 lbs. and do hard, physical labor
- Must be able to communicate well with people
- Must enjoy working with people and children
- Must be dependable
- Must be 18 yrs. old
- Skiing ability preferred
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be attentive at load and unload terminals
- Engage guests at every opportunity
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor
- Work outside in winter conditions for long periods of time
- Maintain a safe work area
- Maintain an aesthetically pleasing work area
- Perform expected amount of snow work. (Sweeps chairs, remove snow from terminals)
- Actively and efficiently organize lift lines and check guest's lift tickets
- Display respect for all employees at all times
- Demonstrate a teamwork ethic
- Be familiar with motor rooms and their operation
- Be familiar with the layout of the resort in order to give effective directions
- Know how to perform ladder evacuations
- Take initiative to be self-directed
- Complete all paperwork efficiently and legibly
- Adhere to all skiing policies
- Perform other duties as assigned
UNIFORM SUPPLIED BY DEER VALLEY
Long sleeved softshell
GEAR SUPPLIED BY EMPLOYEE
Sturdy winter work gloves/mittens
Ski equipment and related accessories
Keyword: lift operator, outdoor, snow, winter, seasonal, full time, Deer Valley, DV, Park City,UT, Utah.
Varying with employment status and tenure, Deer Valley offers their staff ski privileges, friends and family ski passes, health insurance, an end-of-season bonus, housing, dining and retail discounts, wellness and yoga classes, employee assistance support and more!
About Deer Valley Resort
Deer Valley Resort revolutionized the ski industry 27 years ago by being the first North American resort to provide the first-class service one would experience at a fine hotel. We offer luxurious amenities, such as ski valets, groomed-to-perfection slopes, on-site child care, lift ticket, lesson and rental packages and an award-winning ski school.
In 2002, Deer Valley Resort proudly hosted the Olympic Winter Games slalom, aerial and mogul events. Exceptional customer service, consistent quality and attention to every detail are all part of the Deer Valley experience. Our six mountains: Little Baldy Peak, Bald Eagle, Bald Mountain, Flagstaff, Empire Canyon and new Lady Morgan, offer a wide variety of skiing terrain, allowing our guests ample opportunity to indulge in our annual 300 inches of light, dry Utah powder.
Winter brings Utah's famous powder, but be sure you join us again in the summer. Summer at Deer Valley is filled with non-stop activity such as mountain biking, hiking, scenic chairlift rides, outdoor dining, Summer Adventure Camp for children and concerts in our outdoor amphitheater. Enjoy award-winning cuisine served on the beautiful outdoor deck at the Royal Street Café, or a gourmet picnic basket during one of our many evening concerts. Deer Valley Resort proudly brings the same commitment to its customer service for our summer activities, featuring an all-inclusive operation with mountain bike rentals, instruction and guided biking and hiking tours.