Dannon West Jordan is growing fast and need you on our team!
Apply now to join our team as our MAINTENANCE MECHANIC - Nights
Specific responsibilities include:
- Night Shift
- Troubleshooting and Analysis
- Corrective Maintenance
- Team Building
- Adhere to all safety, health, and environmental standards and policies
- Adhere and comply with state and federal law, company ISO Quality Program, policies and procedures
- Autonomous maintenance and Planned Maintenance (TPM) program Participation
- Minimum of five (5) years of practical and/or classroom training on mechanical and manufacturing based machinery
- Individuals with experience in the dairy, food and beverage industry strongly desired
- Experience should include a combination in most of the following: Process Control System (RS View), instrumentations, pumps, mechanical, pneumatic, motors, electrical, hydraulic, lubrication, compressors, utilities, boilers, and ammonia-based systems
- Verifiable High School diploma or GED
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports, SOPs, and correspondence
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percents and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Thorough understanding of mechanical procedures as related to maintenance applications
- Problem solving involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Physical demands: regularly stand, walk, talk and hear; reach, climb or balance, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. Frequently lift 25 lbs up to 50 lbs. Close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Adaptable to a changing work environment, competing demands, and delays or unexpected events
- Ability to work in wet, cold, and/or humid conditions. Employee is frequently standing on a concrete surface for 12-hour shifts in a moderately noisy work environment.
The Dannon Company is a US-subsidiary of Danone, a Fortune 500 company and one of the most successful health-focused food companies in the world with leading positions in fresh dairy products, water, baby nutrition and medical nutrition. Danone's mission is to bring health through food to as many people as possible.
Our core values foster individual professional growth. We reward entrepreneurialism and innovation. There truly is something very special inside our company. You can see it reflected in our people, our products and our culture. If you like what you have learned, we encourage you to apply and learn more.
Dannon is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion.