Dannon Fresh Dairy Products is looking for Maintenance Mechanic in Portland, Oregon. With our global presence, brands, and business, our mission "bringing health through food to as many people as possible" we believe that people growth is a key asset to reach a sustainable business performance. Take this opportunity to GROW together!
The Dannon Company is a US-subsidiary of Danone, a Fortune 500 company and one of the most successful health-focused food companies in the world with leading positions in fresh dairy products, water, baby nutrition and medical nutrition. Danone's mission is to bring health through food to as many people as possible.
Our core values foster individual professional growth. We reward entrepreneurialism and innovation. There truly is something very special inside our company. You can see it reflected in our people, our products and our culture. If you like what you have learned, we encourage you to apply and learn more.
In this role you will be accountable for:
- Maintenance Mechanics are responsible for the timely repair and preventative maintenance of plant equipment. Plant equipment includes filling machines, metal detectors, carton erectors, case packers, palletizers, pasteurizers, homogenizers, motors and pumps, and conveying equipment. Qualified applicants must possess tangible experience in troubleshooting mechanical breakdowns in manufacturing production equipment. Maintenance Mechanics must follow and improve all established personal safety, food safety, and environmental standards, and all established maintenance processes to adhere and uphold all plant technical standards and ensure company compliance with all federal, state, local and company regulations.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- A High School diploma or GED.
- 2-4 years of maintenance experience in a food production/manufacturing environment, repairing and troubleshooting mechanical issues on packaging and/or filling equipment, and other food processing equipment.
- Experience with high speed production equipment, RaPak or Evergreen packaging equipment is a plus. Previous dairy, food and beverage industry maintenance experience strongly desired.
- Previous experience in a combination of the following areas: PLC, instrumentation, pumps, mechanical, pneumatic, motors, electrical, hydraulic, lubrication, HVAC, refrigeration, freezers, compressors, utilities, boilers and ammonia based systems.
- Sharp and tenacious troubleshooting skills- the ability to rapidly assess, analyze, and resolve complicated problems with little initial information or direction and with varying degrees of ambiguity.
- Established self-management skills. Must bring interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills required to interact with various levels of plant personnel.
- Detail-oriented, organized, innovative, and possess ability to multi-task and shift priorities quickly, while maintaining control, focus and professionalism in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- The ability to serve as a change agent who is able to "make it happen" while building positive relationships on a foundation of trust and mutual respect.
- Energy, resilience, determination and strong analytical skills needed to challenge the status quo.
- Strong mathematical skills
- The willingness to work flexible schedules as needed. Work schedules could include nights, weekend or holiday shifts.
Nice to have:
- An Associates or Bachelors degree in an applicable technical program (i.e. mechanical, electrical, etc).
- Ability to read electrical drawings and schematics and have knowledge to operate general power tools and maintenance shop equipment.
- Ability to read mechanical drawings and schematics of hydraulic/pneumatic systems and blueprints.