Are you a test automation guru with mad software architectural skills? Do you want to lead and own some of the most cutting-edge test systems in the Medical Device Industry? As our Software Engineer, you will get to implement code but also define the software architecture, propose improvements, and be responsible for configuration management and deployment of software to our internal customers!
We are looking for mid to senior level Software Engineers, who possesses recent working experience in low-level programming of hardware and computer applications. Your current background should be focused in software (C++) and FW (C) development work. It would be awesome if you had experience with National Instruments PXI Modular Instruments or experience working with LabWindows CVI! If you only have internship experience or most of your background is in academia, this is not going to be the right fit. Due to some pretty big projects and strict deadlines our team is facing, we are expecting for someone to come in and hit the ground running. Our Software Engineering Teams are currently hyper-focused on the low-level programming of hardware.
As our Software Engineer, you will design software/firmware for automating test activities for teams including engineering characterization, design verification, and manufacturing. We are a group of about 13 with Stefan leading the crew. You will get the opportunity to talk to tenured and engaging engineers like Bryan Pourciau, about the interesting work we are doing. Right now we are all tasked with defining and improving the software development process for all the software related to our automated test equipment.
If you want to accelerate your career, stop thinking about the Day One stuff and instead think Year One and beyond!
Here's what Year One is all about. For a Software Engineer, this is the stuff of dreams. This is a chance to get hands-on with multiple parts of software engineering.
* Design the architecture of the software to maximize re-use of code across projects and permit incremental release of the software to support test efforts during the development of our new products
* Develop and analyze software requirements, along with creating software specifications, implement code using C++ or C#, and Perform unit/module testing and verification of the code
* Create software for controlling test instrumentation of our universal test platform
* Design a product simulator to automate the verification and validation of our universal test platform
* Create test product firmware used in our embedded electronic products to improve test time and test coverage
* Leverage scripting abilities of continuous integration tools to automate the testing of software which includes automated scheduled builds, static test, unit/module/integration test libraries, UI test automation, and simulators that mimic product behavior
* Participate in the deployment of the software
* Engage in continuous improvement of software with scheduled maintenance releases by the needs of our internal customers
You must have working, hands-on experience with C++ software development for embedded devices or functional test systems. Most of your recent working experience must have been spent developing software for functional test systems and embedded firmware to support functional testing for new products. You must have recent experience developing automated functional test equipment. Also, a Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering or Computer Science is critical. A bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering is also acceptable if your career focus has been programming low-level hardware.
Other key things we are looking for in the right candidate:
* Strong experience in the use of software development and test techniques such as static testing, unit/module testing, integration testing, and use of regression analysis to reduce testing efforts
* Strong experience with revision control software (e.g. Subversion, CVS)
* Strong experience with software configuration management tools, application lifecycle management, and revision control software (e.g. Polarion, Doors, Subversion, ClearCase)
* Experience with MSP430 family of microcontroller and development environment
* Experience with developing applications for Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS)
* Experience in developing functional test system HW architecture and selection of test equipment resolution and accuracy
* Experience in validation of test methods using repeatability/reproducibility studies (gauge R&R) and statistical process controls (SPC)
* Knowledge of statistical methods and data analytics to validate models/simulations and to determine test sample sizes for t-tests, F-tests, ANOVA, and Experimental Design (e.g. Minitab, JMP, SAS)
* Ability to use continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins)
* Knowledge of developing UI interfaces and UI test automation tools (e.g. Squish)
Help us make a difference as we transform the lives of patients and their families with health innovation that matters.
Please note that we do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Services Agreement, we will not consider, or agree, to a payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, we explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
Cyberonic provides nationwide on site cabling services throughout the United States. We install complete or partial cabling in your building to meet your networking needs. Our services include data, video, or voice structured cabling using Copper (Category 3, 5e and 6) and Fiber (Multimode and Single mode).