3010 Cubic Defense Applications, Inc.Company Details:
Job Description Summary
Intific is a software developer with the majority of its production development occurring in its Austin, TX studio and business development occurring in the DC area. We've been developing software in Austin since 2007 and in spring of 2014, we merged with Cubic Corporation (CUB) and are now a part of their Global Defense segment, which is a market leader in innovative live, virtual, and game based training solutions.
We value the work-life balance of our employees and have received top workplace honors in the past. Our employees regularly rate their relationships with their co-workers as one of the best aspects of working here and one of the main reasons they stay. Our role within Cubic is to be an innovative force; therefore we want forward thinking, high energy collaborators to join our team. We offer competitive compensation, top tier benefits, and extreme workplace perks (on-site massages, fully stocked kitchen, casual dress environment, to name but a few).
Mission: INTIFIC - BUILD WHAT'S NEXT
Intific empowers people who understand how innovative software can drive revolutionary change. Our world-class team of engineers, developers, scientists, and thinkers embrace visions of the future and collaborate with our customers to bring them to life today. Through the creative disruption of traditional thinking, we inspire and deliver new products that produce significant value. Intific - we build what's next.Job Details:
Performs somewhat complex software engineering assignments following designated standards and procedures. Works closely with other engineering disciplines. Duties require application of engineering principles and techniques. This position typically works under general supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Analyzes functional requirements.
* Develops design concepts for software work products.
* Participates in the analysis, design, development, test, modification and integration of software systems or subsystems for designated products and/or customer applications.
* Understands and works with peripheral elements of assigned software work products (run time environments, databases, networks).
* Develops software requirements, related design, and code.
* Performs software testing.
* Applies and maintains quality standards.
* Assesses severity of problems, determines corrective action, resolves technical problems, and performs fault isolation and implements solutions.
* Revises and updates programs and documentation, including reviewing schedules and milestones.
* Maintains the host environment and toolsets required to implement software deliverables.
* Assists in specification preparation and the assessment of products.
* Assists in the writing of reports, manuals and procedures.
* Keeps abreast of improvements in programming techniques.
* Engages in continuous self-improvement of technical skills and improvements in programming techniques and toolsets.
* Recommends value added changes to existing coding practices, standards and tools.
* Shows commitment to company values, ethics, safety, security, labor charging, and quality.
Minimum Job Requirements: Four-year college degree in computer science, computer engineering or other related technical discipline, plus two years of related experience, or a Master of Science degree. Desired experience in designing, developing and troubleshooting software programming. Requires proficiency using programming languages such as Java, "C/C++," Product Lifecycle Management, graphics or other developmental software. May require ability to develop software in a Unix, Windows Server 2003/2008/Vista/XP/Windows 7 and up, Integrated Development Environments (IDEs), or other PC environment. May require experience with embedded processing. Ability to use PC software such as word processing, database, spreadsheet and flowchart, and Computer Aided Software Engineering (CASE) tools. Effective written and oral communication skills required. Knowledge of customer needs and competing products desirable. Able to analyze and solve complex software engineering problems. Able to prioritize work, complete multiple tasks and work under deadline and budget guidelines. May be required to travel domestically and internationally to include working odd hours, in-line with customer requirements
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.
About Cubic Corporation
Cubic Corporation (Cubic) designs, develops and manufactures products, which are mainly electronic in nature, provides government services and services related to products previously produced by Cubic and others. The Company's principal lines of business are defense electronics and transportation fare collection systems. Principal customers for defense products and services are the United States and foreign governments. It operates in two segments: transportation systems and defense. Transportation fare collection systems are sold primarily to large local government agencies in the United States and worldwide. The Company's products include equipment for use in customized military range instrumentation, training and applications systems, simulators, communications and surveillance systems, surveillance receivers, power amplifiers and avionics systems, and automated revenue collection systems. In July 2008, Cubic announced the acquisition of Omega Training Group, Inc.