3010 Cubic Defense Applications, Inc.Company Details:
Intific is a software developer with the majority of its production development occurring in its Austin, TX studio and business development occurring in the DC area. We've been developing software in Austin since 2007 and in spring of 2014, we merged with Cubic Corporation (CUB) and are now a part of their Global Defense segment, which is a market leader in innovative live, virtual, and game based training solutions.
We value the work-life balance of our employees and have received top workplace honors in the past. Our employees regularly rate their relationships with their co-workers as one of the best aspects of working here and one of the main reasons they stay. Our role within Cubic is to be an innovative force; therefore we want forward thinking, high energy collaborators to join our team. We offer competitive compensation, top tier benefits, and extreme workplace perks (on-site massages, fully stocked kitchen, casual dress environment, to name but a few).
Mission: INTIFIC - BUILD WHAT'S NEXT
Intific empowers people who understand how innovative software can drive revolutionary change. Our world-class team of engineers, developers, scientists, and thinkers embrace visions of the future and collaborate with our customers to bring them to life today. Through the creative disruption of traditional thinking, we inspire and deliver new products that produce significant value. Intific - we build what's next.Job Details:
Works independently and acts as technical consultant or project leader on complex software engineering assignments. Provides technical guidance and leadership. Provides project coordination and supervision. Coordinates activities for proposals/new business. Defines budget and schedule constraints. This position typically works under limited supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Coordinates and develops project concepts, objectives, specifications and resource needs
* Prepares design specifications, analyses and recommendations
* Participates in the design, development, planning, modification and/or improvement of software operational systems
* Researches programming system failures and designs and programs solutions
* Performs complex analysis of design programming
* Performs system analysis
* Conceptualizes, develops and analyzes engineering designs, specifications and test plans for systems and equipment based on customer/contract requirements
* Researches design concepts and feasibility utilizing advanced technical theory and knowledge
* Coordinates and contributes to compilation and writing of proposal documents
* Prepares design proposals to reflect cost, schedule and technical approaches
* Recommends test control, strategies, apparatus and equipment
* Defines test schedules and test data requirements. Tests software and documents results
* Prepares development software, codes software and designs specific enhancements
* Maintains liaison with customer, subcontractor and vendor representatives
* Evaluates vendor capabilities to provide required products or services
* Conducts in-house design reviews and technical meetings
* Makes presentations before management and customers
* Monitors project status and progress and measures system performance
* Manages budget and schedule for software engineering tasks
* Keeps abreast of improvements in software engineering
* Identifies software engineering process improvements, and supports the execution of them across the organization
* Participates in total quality management/continuous process improvement teams
* Assumes additional technical responsibilities as needed
Minimum Job Requirements:
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.
About Cubic Corporation
Cubic Corporation (Cubic) designs, develops and manufactures products, which are mainly electronic in nature, provides government services and services related to products previously produced by Cubic and others. The Company's principal lines of business are defense electronics and transportation fare collection systems. Principal customers for defense products and services are the United States and foreign governments. It operates in two segments: transportation systems and defense. Transportation fare collection systems are sold primarily to large local government agencies in the United States and worldwide. The Company's products include equipment for use in customized military range instrumentation, training and applications systems, simulators, communications and surveillance systems, surveillance receivers, power amplifiers and avionics systems, and automated revenue collection systems. In July 2008, Cubic announced the acquisition of Omega Training Group, Inc.