Cox Automotive is currently seeking candidates for our Summer Internship Program.
As a Summer Internship Program participant, you will learn more about Cox Automotive and the automotive industry at-large through a series of functional and market-based project assignments, specifically aligned to your area of study and career aspirations. Throughout the 12-week program, you will receive on-the-job training plus targeted development opportunities to help you hone in on your strengths and crystalize your career interests. The end result…increased readiness for a potential full-time career opportunity within Cox Automotive!
* Work on real life business projects that add value to the overall organization
* Work in a functional area that compliments your career goals and degree(s) of study
* Analyze business situations and work to solve existing or foreseeable problems
* Build relationships and interact with cross-functional teams and key stakeholders
The Intern, Software Engineer will be a contributor to a development team composed of Software and QA Engineers for the Cox Automotive, Valuation Services and Industry Products team. For this role, s/he will work closely as an Engineer to develop solutions in support of data and end user applications using Visual Studio, C# and .NET.
* Take an active role in creating, automating or maintaining software applications.
* Establish relationships with team members in a collaborative environment.
* Work with other team members to learn, introduce and share development frameworks, tools, processes and best practices.
* Pursuing a Bachelor's or graduate degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Engineering, Computer Science/MIS or other related program
* Strong analytical and logical problem solving skills
* Excellent interpersonal communication and relational skills
* Work successfully in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment in which meticulous attention to detail is expected
Cox Automotive is a leader in vehicle remarketing services, digital marketing and software solutions for automotive dealers, manufacturers and consumers. Cox Automotive includes AutoTrader.com, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and a host of other global businesses and brands. Headquartered in Atlanta, Cox Automotive employs nearly 24,000 employees in over 150 locations worldwide. We partner with more than 40,000 dealers and touch more than 67 percent of all car buyers in the U.S. with the most recognized brands in the industry. We unite more than 20 brands in this space, providing an end-to-end solution to transform the way the world buys, sells and owns cars.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-CA-Irvine-195 Technology Dr
Employee Status: Temporary
Job Level: Entry Level
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
About Cox Enterprises
Cox Enterprises is one of the nation's leading media companies and providers of automotive services, with 2006 revenues of $13.2 billion and 80,000 employees. Major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications, Inc. (cable television distribution, telephone, high-speed Internet access and other advanced broadband services); Cox Newspapers, Inc. (newspapers, local and national direct mail advertising and customized newsletters); Cox Television (television and television sales rep firms); Cox Radio, Inc. ([NYSE: CXR] broadcast radio stations and interactive Web sites); Manheim (vehicle auctions, repair and certification services and web-based technology products) and Cox Auto Trader (automotive publications and a majority stake in AutoTrader.com).
The company is led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer James C. Kennedy, grandson of former Ohio governor and presidential candidate James M. Cox, who founded the company in 1898. Today, Cox is a top-10 nationally ranked player, based on revenues, in every major category where it competes. The company has 80,000 employees located throughout the U.S. and abroad, and operates 300 separate businesses. Governor Cox's daughter, Anne Cox Chambers, serves on the Cox Enterprises Board of Directors and remains active in the management of the company.