Covance is looking for recent graduates with either a Masters Public Health (MPH) or Masters Public Science (MPS) and some exposure to observational research for an entry level Associate job in our HEOR (Health Economics and Outcomes Research) unit in Gaithersburg, MD.
The HEOR Associate of HEOR is a great stepping stone into the HEOR field. You will be pulling and analyzing data, interacting with patients and physicians and formulating strategic advice for our clients.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
* Participates in defining how the assignment will be performed and the deliverables for presentation.
* Reviews and revises draft proposals that respond to client requirements.
* Identifies sources and obtains information from knowledgeable individuals, reference texts, on-line databases, and other research sources.
* Evaluates data using quantitative methods as necessary to allow appropriate inferences and conclusions to be drawn.
* Reviews and advises on analyses of key points, patterns, and trends found in data.
* Assists in using information and data to prepare specific findings and recommendations.
* Participates in the evaluation of client engagements to review the original work plan, budget, consultant contributions, client responses, and the potential for future work.
Covance Inc. is a drug development services company providing a range of early-stage and late-stage product development services on a worldwide basis primarily to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device industries. The Company also provides laboratory testing services to the chemical, agrochemical and food industries. Covance maintains offices in more than 20 countries. The services it provides constitute two segments: early development services, which include preclinical services and clinical pharmacology services, and late-stage development services, which include central laboratory, clinical development, periapproval and market access services. It provides product development services on a global basis to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. During the year ended December 31, 2008, the Company served in excess of 300 biopharmaceutical companies. In March 2009, it acquired Swiss Pharma Contract, a 50-bed clinical research company based in Switzerland.