Responsible for supporting Emerging Innovation Group (EIG) Finance department in program spending tracking, business case modeling, month end closing activities, forecasting and planning.
Primary Responsibilities include:
* Support Corning's emerging programs in strategy setting and business case modeling.
* Engage with other functional groups and divisions to support EIG programs objectives.
* Responsible track program spending and provide financial analysis to program leaders.
* Support EIG's forecasting and planning processes.
* Support EIG's portfolio opportunity tracking and prioritization including market data collection and analytics.
* Support month end closing activities for EIG programs.
* Prepare leadership presentation and communication material.
* Support department efficiency and standardization initiative.
* Provide financial support to EIG programs.
* Develop tools and reports (mostly in Excel) to track financial data and support forecast and business modeling activities.
* Engage with cost modeling team to determine best economical outcome.
* Develop working relationship with EIG program teams.
* Support deal activities as needed.
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
* 40 hours/wk plus overtime as required to accomplish objectives
Job Title: Finance Intern
Job ID: 183520
Education & Experience:
* Working on a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Finance, Economics, or Business
* Preference is to have student who is at least in their junior year
* Analytical skills
* Strong computer and system skills, with proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
* Attention to detail, accuracy, process-orientated and organized
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills (both formal and informal)
Owens Corning is a producer of glass fiber reinforcements and other materials for composites and of residential and commercial building materials. The Company operates within two product categories: composites, which include the Composite Solutions segment and building materials, which includes its insulating systems, roofing and asphalt and other building materials and services reportable segments. The Company's products range from glass fiber used to reinforce composite materials used in transportation, electronics, marine, wind energy and other high-performance markets to insulation, roofing and manufactured stone veneer used in residential, commercial and industrial applications. On May 1, 2008, the Company sold two composite manufacturing plants in Battice, Belgium and Birkeland, Norway. (Source: 10-K)