As you know, at ConAgra Foods, we make great food - everyday food - in extraordinary ways, which is why we are creating meaningful career opportunities for the best and the brightest.ã
Production Team Leader
- Monitor production to ensure that quality, productivity, and cost standards are maintained.
- Provide employee training to ensure that employees are performing job responsibilities effectively.
- Oversee department specific sanitation operations as necessary to promote and maintain a clean and food-safe environment.
- Maintain and enforce GMP standards.
- Evaluate subordinate performance, communicate with employees, and provide information for work performance improvement.
- Participate in the support of plant and company safety programs, promoting and maintaining a high level of awareness and adherence to defined employee safety requirements such as lock-out/tag-out, personal protective equipment, confined space entry, etc.
- Provides leadership and direction for plant continuous improvement.
- Attend and Lead production meetings.
- Lead and manage cross functional Line Structure Teams.
- Respond to employee grievances.
- Ensure operation of manufacturing lines will meet performance standards for each product.
- Ensure all daily manufacturing documents are completed and accurate.
- Functions with limited direct supervision.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Exhibits the desired ConAgra Behaviors for the Ways We Win - Teach and Trust, Push for Personal Excellence, Constructively Challenge, See the Big Picture, Think two steps ahead.
- Applies ConAgra's Operating Principles of Simplicity, Accountability, Collaboration, and Imagination to deliver results
- A self-motivated individual that is able to motivate, mentor, and train others.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, problem solving, organizational, and follow through skills that can achieve results by working through others.
- Ability to develop rapport across the organization and draw people together to create winning teams.
- Strong PC skills with MS office programs.
- Previous experience with SAP preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities within the department.
- Good mechanical aptitude to operate and troubleshoot manufacturing equipment.
- Previous experience with continuous improvement, lean manufacturing, six sigma preferred.
- Ability to work weekends and/or shift work (flexible to switch between 1st, 2nd or 3rd shift according to production schedule) with a strong work ethic and employment history.
- A four year degree in Business, Food Science, Chemistry, Biology, Agricultural Sciences, or Engineering preferred. Other degrees will be considered.
- Bilingual, Spanish preferred.
- Three to four years supervisory experience in food-processing or food packaging, preferred.
ConAgra Foods, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
About Conagra Foods
ConAgra Foods, Inc. (ConAgra Foods) is a food company, supplying frozen potato and sweet potato products, as well as other vegetable, spice, and grain products to a variety of restaurants, foodservice operators and commercial customers. The Company operates in two segments: Consumer Foods and Commercial Foods. On April 12, 2010, the Company acquired Elan Nutrition, Inc. (Elan), a privately held formulator and manufacturer of snack and nutrition bars. In June 2010, it acquired the assets of American Pie, LLC, a manufacturer of frozen fruit pies, thaw and serve pies, fruit cobblers and pie crusts under the licensed Marie Callender?s and Claim Jumper trade names, as well as frozen dinners, pot pies, and appetizers under the Claim Jumper trade name. In July 2010, it completed the sale of substantially all of the assets of Gilroy Foods & Flavors dehydrated garlic, onion, capsicum and Controlled Moisture, GardenFrost, Redi-Made, and fresh vegetable operations.