Build your career at ConAgra Foods. At ConAgra Foods, we make great food - everyday food - in extraordinary ways, which is why we're creating meaningful career opportunities for the best and the brightest. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, ConAgra Foods provides extraordinary job opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, fast-paced workplace.
These are night shift openings, 6:00 pm - 6:00 am working either Sunday through Wednesday OR Wednesday through Saturday.
Under the supervision of the Plant Maintenance Supervisor or Manager, the Refrigeration Technician is responsible for the Operation and Maintenance of all plant Utilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Safety, demonstrated behaviors in support of company safety procedures with focus on zero injuries.
- Ammonia and HVAC systems and associated equipment
- Chillers, Cold water and Glycol
- Condensers and Water towers
- Evaporators and Heat exchangers
- Compressors, Maintenance and Controls
- Water & Steam Boilers systems and associated equipment
- Boiler Temperatures and Pressures
- Softeners Chemical Test and adjustments
- Electrical and Gas systems and associated equipment
- Gas and Electric HVAC (RTUs)
- Electrical Switchgear
- Fire Control systems and associated equipment
- Continuous Improvement Actively support the ConAgra Performance System-CPS
- Experience in a High Performance Work Systems; 5's, working in teams, problem solving, six sigma
- Planned Maintenance (PM`s)
- Ammonia (PSM)
- Receive additional training as needed to perform duties and responsibilities.
- Promptly at the start of the shift review the work schedule, check equipment and supplies required to perform the work scheduled and prepare for operations.
- Records data such as, temperatures of equipment, hours of operation, temperature and pressure, water levels, analysis of flue gases, voltage load and generator balance.
- Completes all required paperwork on time.
- Adjusts manual controls or overrides automatic controls to bring equipment into recommended or prescribed operating ranges, switch to backup equipment or systems, or to shutdown equipment.
- Visually inspects equipment at periodic intervals to detect malfunctions or need for repair, adjustment, or lubrication.
- Maintains equipment by tightening fittings, repacking bearings, replacing packing glands, gaskets, valves, recorders, and gauges, and cleaning or replacing burners or other components, using hand tools or power tools.
- Oil and Lubricate Equipment.
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and maintain the Ammonia Leak Detection, Fire Protection, and Fire Water Sprinkler Systems for the industrial and office complex.
- Requisition spare parts, materials, and supplies as required.
- Record Maintenance and Operations Activities.
- Perform other duties that the Team Leader or Coordinator might require.
- Work overtime as required to achieve production, sanitation and maintenance schedules.
- The ability to interact effectively and professionally with coworkers.
- Be able to perform all skills as outlined on the Skills Element Tree.
- Experience working in a production, manufacturing or distribution environment for 3+ months
- High School diploma or equivalent
- RETA #1,2.or 3 training
- Hazmat training
- First Responder training
- Technical degree in related field
- Experience working in a food processing or packaging environment
- Experience working in an automated machinery environment (with PLCs or MMIs)
- Experience work in a USDA, FDA, OSHA, or GMP compliant environment
- Proficiency in MS Office Programs
- Proficiency in SAP
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. The Company recognizes that an individual with a disability may require an accommodation to enable him/her to successfully perform a job function. Consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
ConAgra Foods, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
About Conagra Foods
ConAgra Foods, Inc. (ConAgra Foods) is a food company, supplying frozen potato and sweet potato products, as well as other vegetable, spice, and grain products to a variety of restaurants, foodservice operators and commercial customers. The Company operates in two segments: Consumer Foods and Commercial Foods. On April 12, 2010, the Company acquired Elan Nutrition, Inc. (Elan), a privately held formulator and manufacturer of snack and nutrition bars. In June 2010, it acquired the assets of American Pie, LLC, a manufacturer of frozen fruit pies, thaw and serve pies, fruit cobblers and pie crusts under the licensed Marie Callender?s and Claim Jumper trade names, as well as frozen dinners, pot pies, and appetizers under the Claim Jumper trade name. In July 2010, it completed the sale of substantially all of the assets of Gilroy Foods & Flavors dehydrated garlic, onion, capsicum and Controlled Moisture, GardenFrost, Redi-Made, and fresh vegetable operations.