Build your career at ConAgra Foods. At ConAgra Foods, we make great food - everyday food - in extraordinary ways, which is why we're creating meaningful career opportunities for the best and the brightest. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, ConAgra Foods provides extraordinary job opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, fast-paced workplace.
Seen as an engineering expert and resource across the organization. Reviews product and processing requirements to determine and design collaboratively an optimized technical and business solution for projects that require capital investment. Provides technical support where equipment may need modification for immediate improvement in an upset condition. Continuous improvement mindset - Recommends and implements improvements, modifications or additions which will enhance the Engineering work streams. Provides recommendations on improvements on existing processes or technology in our manufacturing facilities and is able to articulate the justification to the stakeholder in order to influence implementation. Schedules and coordinates major segments of complex projects to meet cost and time objectives. 12-15 years food related experience.
- Works with Platform engineering leadership to develop annual and 3 year capital plans by recommending processing systems improvements and solutions that are proven in both concept and performance.
- Develops Front-End-Loading packages (FEL's) that are complete, clear, concise, and reflecting thorough due diligence to ensure project success. FEL packages include, but are not limited to :
- Technology assessment and recommended solutions reflecting plant, ConAgra, and industry best-in-class practices
- Physical location and general arrangement placements (drawing level)
- Infrastructure requirements and needs assessment
- Preliminary Capital / Expense Estimates
- Work with the Engineering Project Manager to determine a design schedule that meets that overall project schedule requirements.
- Equipment / System Performance criteria
- Identification of Alternatives, Pre-requisites, Risks, and Opportunities
- Write detailed functional control descriptions for the unit operations and processing systems recommended by the Engineer.
- Reviews Technical Briefs providing technical guidance to project team
- Develops Business Case Screening scopes and estimates to give the business a directional view of a project and the robustness of the business case
- Keeps current with latest food processing technology and commercial applications.
- Keeps current with latest industry regulations and codes relative to Processing equipment system design and operation.
- Provides technical and economic feasibility to other groups within the Company that are focused on improvements to the current sate and developing competitive advantages against ConAgra's peer set.
- BS or MS degree in Chemical Engineer, Mechanical Engineering, Food Engineering, or Agricultural Engineering
- Food Engineering emphasis is required in addition to practical experience of 12-15 years in food manufacturing and food process system design or related industry.
- Excellent leadership qualities, verbal and written communication skills, and technical analysis and problem solving skills are required.
- Experience in Project Engineering and project execution a plus.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement applications in engineering design.
- Proven effectiveness in working collaboratively within a matrix organization.
- Proven ability to transcribe project requirements into an effective technical solution through sound application of engineering principles.
- Manufacturing experience a plus.
ConAgra Foods, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
About Conagra Foods
ConAgra Foods, Inc. (ConAgra Foods) is a food company, supplying frozen potato and sweet potato products, as well as other vegetable, spice, and grain products to a variety of restaurants, foodservice operators and commercial customers. The Company operates in two segments: Consumer Foods and Commercial Foods. On April 12, 2010, the Company acquired Elan Nutrition, Inc. (Elan), a privately held formulator and manufacturer of snack and nutrition bars. In June 2010, it acquired the assets of American Pie, LLC, a manufacturer of frozen fruit pies, thaw and serve pies, fruit cobblers and pie crusts under the licensed Marie Callender?s and Claim Jumper trade names, as well as frozen dinners, pot pies, and appetizers under the Claim Jumper trade name. In July 2010, it completed the sale of substantially all of the assets of Gilroy Foods & Flavors dehydrated garlic, onion, capsicum and Controlled Moisture, GardenFrost, Redi-Made, and fresh vegetable operations.