As you know, at ConAgra Foods, we make great food - everyday food - in extraordinary ways, which is why we are creating meaningful career opportunities for the best and the brightest.ã
Career level: 21
Hiring Manager: Greg Nolton
Recruiter: Chris Brese
- Provide leadership and direction for daily operation of plant shipping and receiving departments.
- Coach, develop and train team members in warehouse operations, including forklift driving certifications, technical knowledge of warehouse systems and equipment and processes to meet 24 hour operational and potential transportation issues
- Utilize common freight carrier company for economical and timely transportation of both full and partial truckloads
- Work with off site storage facilities to optimize in and out storage charges, including managing local shuttle and transportation services
- Coordinate product allocation to various storage facilities and customers working with customer service, supply chain services and local production scheduler to ensure product availability and excellent customer service
- Develop and manage distribution budget and results-including cost per unit load, productivity and variable expenses
- Investigate and solve problems resulting from overages, shortages and damage from common/contract carriers. Maintain timely claims procedures.
- Maintain safety and sanitation (AIB) programs in order to meet company, state and federal requirements.
- Evaluate and implement initiatives in distribution areas to decrease costs while maintaining/increasing service levels.
- Develop guidelines and processes to manage in house inventories, including the aged product inventory
- Ensure that Senior Management shall designate an SQF Practitioner (or Food Safety equivalent) with responsibility and authority to:
- Lead the development and implementation of Food Safety Fundamentals and Food Safety Plan(s) (via Product HACCP Plans or equivalent)
- Oversee the development, implementation and review and maintenance of the SQF 2000 (or equivalent Food Safety /Food Quality Strategy)
- Ensure the integrity of execution, maintenance and sustainability of the SQF 2000 (or equivalent Food Safety /Food Quality Strategy)
- Communicate to relevant Plant and Corporate personnel information (trends, data, needs, non-compliances, internal and external audits, surveys, etc.) to ensure effective implementation and maintenance of the SQF 2000 System (or equivalent Food Safety/Food Quality Strategy
- Oversee the management and execution of components of the social and environmental compliance programs to assure delivery to expectations or requirements.
- Daily communications with vendors, finance, distribution, production and corporate customer service departments
- Responsible for coaching and mentoring 17 Direct Reports
- Operates with limited supervision of Plant Manager, with support from plant Human Resources Dept and Corporate logistics and supply chain services
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in supply chain or related fields
- Previous manager/supervisory experience with increasing responsibility in a food manufacturing or consumer product industry
- Three to five years inventory management experience, APICS certified a plus
- Experienced in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, SAP preferred
- Current Forklift Instructor Certification, preferred
- Successful history with building relationships with vendors and customers
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Office applications, SAP and pallet and load building programs.
ConAgra Foods, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.
About Conagra Foods
ConAgra Foods, Inc. (ConAgra Foods) is a food company, supplying frozen potato and sweet potato products, as well as other vegetable, spice, and grain products to a variety of restaurants, foodservice operators and commercial customers. The Company operates in two segments: Consumer Foods and Commercial Foods. On April 12, 2010, the Company acquired Elan Nutrition, Inc. (Elan), a privately held formulator and manufacturer of snack and nutrition bars. In June 2010, it acquired the assets of American Pie, LLC, a manufacturer of frozen fruit pies, thaw and serve pies, fruit cobblers and pie crusts under the licensed Marie Callender?s and Claim Jumper trade names, as well as frozen dinners, pot pies, and appetizers under the Claim Jumper trade name. In July 2010, it completed the sale of substantially all of the assets of Gilroy Foods & Flavors dehydrated garlic, onion, capsicum and Controlled Moisture, GardenFrost, Redi-Made, and fresh vegetable operations.