Build your career at ConAgra Foods. At ConAgra Foods, we make great food - everyday food - in extraordinary ways, which is why we're creating meaningful career opportunities for the best and the brightest. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, ConAgra Foods provides extraordinary job opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, fast-paced workplace.
Plans and coordinates single or multiple Small to Medium capital projects that often require inter-disciplinary engineering teams of 2 - 5 engineers and cross functional business partners. Manages all aspects of scope development, cost estimates and schedule by collaborating both within the engineering organization as well as with cross functional business partners in a matrix organization. This position requires management of both external and internal resources and influencing cross functional stakeholders as well as effectively resolving issues and managing conflict. The candidate must have a good working knowledge of technology employed in the food industry and would also have an understanding of how the application of the technologies impacts their stakeholders. Exposure to structured gate processes to take a product from concept to production is essential.
- This position can cover multiple locations across the U.S. and requires a significant understanding of the business side of a Food Company as well as the ability to effectively communicate with and lead cross functional resources.
- Travel is required to ConAgra Foods and co-manufacturer manufacturing plants, vendors, suppliers, engineering service providers, and any other sites required to successfully execute projects. Travel will involve domestic and international.
- This position reports directly to the Director, Platform Engineering
- This position interacts frequently with Plant Leadership positions and Supply Chain Function
- External interaction will include, however, not limited to, equipment vendors, construction contractors, engineering services contractors, local / state / federal government agencies, and co-manufacturing organizations.
- This person has demonstrated competency in both Engineering and Project Management.
- This position will manage a range of small to medium projects.
- This position manages multiple project staffs of up to 2 - 5 engineering professionals (may be a combination of ConAgra and consulting engineers).
- Execute assigned projects by utilizing workflows with Innovation, Operations and Platform Groups.
- Execute project initiatives to ensure that all projects are completed to meet business needs.
- Responsible to ensure that all project planning, deliverables, reporting, and spending forecasts are managed accurately and that all projects are delivered within cost, schedule and performance success criteria.
- 5+ years of total experience in Food Manufacturing.
- BS in an Engineering discipline. Formal project management training or certifications are positives, for employment consideration.
- A track record of managing several capital projects and a progression through multiple roles in the Food Manufacturing industry is preferred.
- The candidate must possess excellent leadership, organizational and communication skills along with problem solving and conflict management skills
- This position is located in Omaha NE, Naperville IL, Chicago IL (Summer 2016) or select field locations.
Req ID: 55081
ConAgra Foods, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
About Conagra Foods
ConAgra Foods, Inc. (ConAgra Foods) is a food company, supplying frozen potato and sweet potato products, as well as other vegetable, spice, and grain products to a variety of restaurants, foodservice operators and commercial customers. The Company operates in two segments: Consumer Foods and Commercial Foods. On April 12, 2010, the Company acquired Elan Nutrition, Inc. (Elan), a privately held formulator and manufacturer of snack and nutrition bars. In June 2010, it acquired the assets of American Pie, LLC, a manufacturer of frozen fruit pies, thaw and serve pies, fruit cobblers and pie crusts under the licensed Marie Callender?s and Claim Jumper trade names, as well as frozen dinners, pot pies, and appetizers under the Claim Jumper trade name. In July 2010, it completed the sale of substantially all of the assets of Gilroy Foods & Flavors dehydrated garlic, onion, capsicum and Controlled Moisture, GardenFrost, Redi-Made, and fresh vegetable operations.