Build your career at ConAgra Foods. At ConAgra Foods, we make great food - everyday food - in extraordinary ways, which is why we're creating meaningful career opportunities for the best and the brightest. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, ConAgra Foods provides extraordinary job opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, fast-paced workplace.
Responsible to eliminate all causes of failure and ensure full useful life in coordination with daily maintenance completed by operating personnel. Leads activities of workers engaged in repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment. Provides technical and problem solving support for the plant and maintenance crews. Supports and executes plant specific maintenance strategies to achieve Plants key performance goals for overall maintenance performance. Assures production schedules are met and all issues are resolved and communicated in a timely fashion. Inspects operating machines and equipment for conformance with operational standards. Reviews production, quality control, and maintenance reports and statistics to plan and modify maintenance activities. 3 years related experience.
- Provides technical and problem solving support (Break Down Analysis) for the plant and maintenance crews.
- Supports and executes plant specific maintenance strategies to achieve plant's key performance goals for overall maintenance performance.
- Works with plant maintenance leadership to develop preventative maintenance plans to reduce equipment downtime and optimize labor utilization.
- Assures production schedules are met and all issues are resolved and communicated in a timely fashion.
- Inspect operating machines and equipment for conformance with operational standards.
- Reviews production, quality control and maintenance reports and statistics to plan and modify maintenance activities.
- Coordinates, arranges, and supervises or provides for the completion of corrective and preventative maintenance in accordance with standard operating procedures of all processing practices and financial considerations of equipment to minimize plant down time.
- Schedules, supervises and directs maintenance mechanics/electricians and maintenance leads.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining training records of maintenance mechanics.
- Assures effective and efficient utilization of assigned labor, equipment, and repair parts to maintain control of maintenance costs.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and abilities:
- Four year degree in Engineering, Industrial Management, Manufacturing, Production Operations Management or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Potato processing plant experience is highly desirable.
- Three years maintenance experience with hydraulic, electrical, pneumatic and mechanical systems required in a manufacturing environment.
- One year supervisory experience desired.
- Food service industry preferred.
- Computerized Maintenance Management Software (SAP) experience preferred.
- TPM experience preferred.
- Must have thorough working knowledge of maintenance principles, machine dynamics, and various processing equipment.
- Strong computer application skills with Microsoft Office.
- Basis financial skills and understanding.
- Required to stand, walk, sit and reach above shoulder level, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move 50 pounds.
- The work environment is in the production area with loud noises.
ConAgra Foods, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
About Conagra Foods
ConAgra Foods, Inc. (ConAgra Foods) is a food company, supplying frozen potato and sweet potato products, as well as other vegetable, spice, and grain products to a variety of restaurants, foodservice operators and commercial customers. The Company operates in two segments: Consumer Foods and Commercial Foods. On April 12, 2010, the Company acquired Elan Nutrition, Inc. (Elan), a privately held formulator and manufacturer of snack and nutrition bars. In June 2010, it acquired the assets of American Pie, LLC, a manufacturer of frozen fruit pies, thaw and serve pies, fruit cobblers and pie crusts under the licensed Marie Callender?s and Claim Jumper trade names, as well as frozen dinners, pot pies, and appetizers under the Claim Jumper trade name. In July 2010, it completed the sale of substantially all of the assets of Gilroy Foods & Flavors dehydrated garlic, onion, capsicum and Controlled Moisture, GardenFrost, Redi-Made, and fresh vegetable operations.