Build your career at ConAgra Foods. At ConAgra Foods, we make great food - everyday food - in extraordinary ways, which is why we're creating meaningful career opportunities for the best and the brightest. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, ConAgra Foods provides extraordinary job opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, fast-paced workplace.
A Food Labeling Specialist reviews, updates and approves corporate labeling designs. Develops Nutrition Facts Panels for assigned products, ensuring compliance with all label related health and wellness claims. Develops ingredient statements and ensures products meet appropriate FDA/USDA standard of identities. Works across functions and communicates with all functional and operating groups on labeling related and compliance matters.
- Collaborates with Government Affairs, Legal, Regulatory Affairs, Nutrition, Marketing, Sales, Quality Assurance, Food Safety, Purchasing, plants and others to leverage regulations and give ConAgra Foods a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
- Provides regulatory guidance and answers compliance-related questions regarding new and reformulated product concepts.
- Collaborates to identify and provide resolution to strategic and tactical regulatory issues pertaining to food labeling.
- Communicates cross functionally regarding current and emerging food labeling issues and opportunities and related impact on products and product technology.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of FDA and USDA regulations and policies.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of current regulations and appropriate product technology.
- Prepares and submits all required label approval documents
- BS in Food Science, Nutrition or related field or equivalent years of experience and training.
- Minimum of 3 years of food industry labeling experience preferred
- Knowledge of FDA and USDA (preferred) regulations and requirements.
- Detail oriented and highly self-motivated
- Ability to research regulatory issues and provide recommendations for
- Ability to be persuasive, assertive while also being collaborative
- Proactive and goal oriented in driving business growth
- Demonstrated initiative and creativity
- Excellent report writing skills
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Good knowledge of food product development and processes
- Ability to work in a matrix organization
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products required
- Excellent relationships skills
- Ability to stand 30 % of the time
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. daily
- Ability to travel when needed
Req ID: 54192
This position description is not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development and compensation. As such, the incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
ConAgra Foods, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
About Conagra Foods
ConAgra Foods, Inc. (ConAgra Foods) is a food company, supplying frozen potato and sweet potato products, as well as other vegetable, spice, and grain products to a variety of restaurants, foodservice operators and commercial customers. The Company operates in two segments: Consumer Foods and Commercial Foods. On April 12, 2010, the Company acquired Elan Nutrition, Inc. (Elan), a privately held formulator and manufacturer of snack and nutrition bars. In June 2010, it acquired the assets of American Pie, LLC, a manufacturer of frozen fruit pies, thaw and serve pies, fruit cobblers and pie crusts under the licensed Marie Callender?s and Claim Jumper trade names, as well as frozen dinners, pot pies, and appetizers under the Claim Jumper trade name. In July 2010, it completed the sale of substantially all of the assets of Gilroy Foods & Flavors dehydrated garlic, onion, capsicum and Controlled Moisture, GardenFrost, Redi-Made, and fresh vegetable operations.