Build your career at ConAgra Foods. At ConAgra Foods, we make great food - everyday food - in extraordinary ways, which is why we're creating meaningful career opportunities for the best and the brightest. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, ConAgra Foods provides extraordinary job opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, fast-paced workplace.
Enterprise Desktop Architect
The Enterprise Desktop Architect will be responsible for the review and architecture of emerging/innovative technologies for ConAgra Foods's end user computing platform. The right candidate will provide architectural perspective and vision, in addition to deep analysis and problem-solving where needed. They will identify important potential technologies and approaches to address current and future needs within the enterprise, and evaluate their applicability and fit, as well as leading the definition of standards and best-practices for their use. The right candidate will be able to lead the outsourced vendor.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote design and development of more self-service and automated systems management / provisioning solutions
- Build tools and processes that enable the business to move fast, without incident or downtime
- Provide reliability, high availability, performance, and scalability for entire infrastructure
- Create, configure, and manage virtualized systems
- Review performance characteristics to predict and recommend solutions for scalability concerns
- Perform and direct provider to perform optimizations for end user compute and virtualized environments
- Evaluate application requirements to recommend solutions
- Ensure reliability and continued scalability of the application platform for users
- Provide systems-level insight to the application delivery team.
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- 8+ years in Information Technology or significant relevant experience
- Working knowledge to expert across infrastructure architecture including 1 or more technology platforms such as desktop, laptops, mobile, Windows, network, storage, database, and identity management
- Working knowledge to expert-level knowledge in end user computing technologies and setting future direction. Ability to translate end user strategies and needs into actionable tactical and operational plans including revised support models
- Expert in application delivery technologies including Microsoft, Citrix, VMWare and SCCM
- Expert knowledge across multiple disciplines, including desktop support, Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, Exchange, WebEx, Video technologies
- Expert in capacity management of physical and virtual servers relevant to end user compute environment
- Expert in disaster recovery/business continuity planning
- Working knowledge of budgeting and costing for end user computing service delivery
- Ability to define a project plan and lead projects
ConAgra Foods, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
About Conagra Foods
ConAgra Foods, Inc. (ConAgra Foods) is a food company, supplying frozen potato and sweet potato products, as well as other vegetable, spice, and grain products to a variety of restaurants, foodservice operators and commercial customers. The Company operates in two segments: Consumer Foods and Commercial Foods. On April 12, 2010, the Company acquired Elan Nutrition, Inc. (Elan), a privately held formulator and manufacturer of snack and nutrition bars. In June 2010, it acquired the assets of American Pie, LLC, a manufacturer of frozen fruit pies, thaw and serve pies, fruit cobblers and pie crusts under the licensed Marie Callender?s and Claim Jumper trade names, as well as frozen dinners, pot pies, and appetizers under the Claim Jumper trade name. In July 2010, it completed the sale of substantially all of the assets of Gilroy Foods & Flavors dehydrated garlic, onion, capsicum and Controlled Moisture, GardenFrost, Redi-Made, and fresh vegetable operations.