Build your career at ConAgra Foods. At ConAgra Foods, we make great food - everyday food - in extraordinary ways, which is why we're creating meaningful career opportunities for the best and the brightest. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, ConAgra Foods provides extraordinary job opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, fast-paced workplace.
Manages Quality Assurance programs in establishing, implementing and monitoring company, plant and regulatory programs involving product quality, food safety and overall sanitation of facility. Ensures food safety and quality of all products produced. Responsible for ensuring specifications are defined and communicated, formalizing process capability, institutionalizing process control and predictive quality process. Performs inspections of processes, employee training, compliance with applicable food laws and regulations and verifies plant HACCP plans. Defines best lab practices and provides guidance and adherence to quality policies. Actively participates in resolving customer complaints. Integral part of plant leadership team. Provides support to Sales, R&D and Operations on customer issues, questions and concerns.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversee, implement and maintain quality programs, vendor certification, raw materials, recall, hold and release and pest control (i.e. HACCP, specifications, PQC (meat weight, net weight, MCMP)
- Oversee, research and develop work on cost effectiveness and overall improvements, implementing line extensions/product changes and plant test requests
- Manage raw materials and communications to suppliers in relation to compliance
- Manage plant laboratory to include analysis and interpretation of microbiological results from equipment and environmental swabs
- Implement lean techniques to eliminate/reduce operating costs, cycle times, and non-value added activities
- Interpret, analyze and communicate quality issues, both internal and external (customer complaints) and initiate applicable corrective measures
- Proved Corporate with quality assurance assistance involving vendor issues, both improvements and corrective measures
- Development and maintenance of all food safety regulatory programs to meet FSIS/USDA requirements
- Serve as liaison with local, area and Federal USDA and FDA personnel
- Implement, maintain and oversee comprehensive sanitation program for cleaning of entire plant (daily and periodic cleaning requirements/procedures) ensuring compliance with Company, State and Federal regulations
- Oversee product quality with regards to specification development, defects, complaints and new accounts
- Oversee employee training for hourly and supervisory levels, in manufacturing processes and GMP's.
- Ensure allergens are being managed appropriately
- Summarize technical data monthly to identify defect trends and corrective actions
- Conducts GMP and sanitation audits of operations and warehouse areas
- Responsible for disposition of all held product with input from the Plant Manager as needed
- Acts as liaison for all technical and QC issues between operations and sales departments
- Maintain and support (i.e. SPC, Key Concepts of Quality, SQF, 6 Sigma, etc.) to measure and control quality systems and processes for improvement
- Work closely with RQI on product developments and quality issues.
- May have responsibility over smaller locations, which could include travel
- Other duties as assigned
BS Degree in Biology, Microbiology, Chemistry or Food Science required. Education may be substituted for years of experience.
7 years related experience required. Experience working with USDA/FDA required. Lean Manufacturing/TPM experience highly preferred.
ConAgra Foods, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
About Conagra Foods
ConAgra Foods, Inc. (ConAgra Foods) is a food company, supplying frozen potato and sweet potato products, as well as other vegetable, spice, and grain products to a variety of restaurants, foodservice operators and commercial customers. The Company operates in two segments: Consumer Foods and Commercial Foods. On April 12, 2010, the Company acquired Elan Nutrition, Inc. (Elan), a privately held formulator and manufacturer of snack and nutrition bars. In June 2010, it acquired the assets of American Pie, LLC, a manufacturer of frozen fruit pies, thaw and serve pies, fruit cobblers and pie crusts under the licensed Marie Callender?s and Claim Jumper trade names, as well as frozen dinners, pot pies, and appetizers under the Claim Jumper trade name. In July 2010, it completed the sale of substantially all of the assets of Gilroy Foods & Flavors dehydrated garlic, onion, capsicum and Controlled Moisture, GardenFrost, Redi-Made, and fresh vegetable operations.