Position Summary: Performs kitchen and laboratory activities in conjunction with Sensory testing. Ensures that useful, accurate consumer data is gathered to achieve test goals. Demonstrate competency on all consumer test methods, serving procedures and rotations, lab use of the automated data collection system, product preparation and serving equipment. Assist Lead Lab Tech in setting up and managing individual consumer tests and ensuring that Innovation Research is meeting customer service standards. Assists in maintenance of records, routine maintenance to equipment, assists in preparation of products. Able to function across several key roles (cooking, serving, moderating, receptionist, panelist calls).
- Fulfill responsibilities of call room and panelist contact activity, including
- Manually phone recruit consumers as needed
- Journal phone messages and call back promptly
- Copy and assemble recruitment surveys
- Shred paperwork as necessary
- Participate in kitchen/lab maintenance and test prep responsibilities
- Fill water pitchers and glasses for testing, prepare crackers or other palate cleanser prior to testing
- Set up serving trays for consumer testing in accordance with the test plan
- Perform test cook with Lead Technician to confirm product prep protocols
- Serve product to consumers
- Clean all appliances after cooking, sanitize as necessary
- Ensure proper product handling and sanitation procedures are followed throughout testing process
- Put product back in appropriate storage location after testing
- Help code and temper/prepare product for next days testing
- Prepare paperwork and assemble/issue coolers for Take Home Testing
- Enter data from paper questionnaires when necessary
- Unload dishwashers throughout facility
- General facility activities
- Clean and stock consumer evaluation area
- Load and start all dishwashers at the end of the day
- Code testing materials (plates, cups, etc.) for consumer testing
- High School diploma or G.E.D. required. Bachelors degree preferred.
- 1 year food preparation/serving or laboratory experienced preferred.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple activities simultaneously.
- PC and MicroSoft Office Experience preferred.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Environment is a typical of a high volume, rapid demand food preparation situation
- Standing for extended periods of time (up to 6 hours)
- Activities involved in food preparation, including inserting and pulling foods from ovens and fryers
- Washing pans and dishes
- Cutting, carving and dishing foods for evaluation
- Storing and retrieving test products from walk-in refrigerator and /or freezer.
- May be required to participate in food tastings/ cuttings as necessary.
This position description is not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development and compensation. As such, the incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
var rteSpFieldIdExt = 'tor__fextListingLayout';var rteCoIdExt = 'conagrafoods';var rteLsFieldIdExt = 'tor__fextListingLayout';registerFCKEditors('tor__fextListingLayout','sfJobReqLegalScanExt', '
Position Summary:<\/strong> \xa0*** The location for this position is flexible, ideally being located in a city near a major airport.\xa0 Responsible for supporting the implementation of quality processes and procedures and the day to day activities of the audit function. Incumbent will monitor and identify incomplete or missing audit information, measured against audit criteria, in internal, co-manufacturing, and supplier facilities.\xa0 Provide support to the Platform Quality Directors, Supplier Quality, and Co-Manufacturing Quality and their goal of continuous improvement.<\/p>\n\n
- Take part in cross functional teams to assure effective implementation of Quality initiatives and processes as necessary.<\/li>\n
- Interfaces with other departments to understand audit requirements.<\/li>\n
- Responsible for the sharing of audit best practices and deficiencies across the Enterprise to improve performance and scores at all facilities.<\/li>\n
- Assist with auditing a facilities, providing assessments of capability, identifying gaps, and working with project teams and functional partners to address gaps.<\/li>\n
- Knowledge of GFSI Benchmarked Schemes (namely SQF & BRC) GMP\u2019s, Sanitation, Pest Control, Food Safety and HACCP Systems, FDA requirements, Quality Systems, Training, Operations, Personnel Practices and applicable regulations.<\/li>\n
- Participate on team to conduct quality and food safety audits of suppliers, co-manufacturers and internal ConAgra processing facilities.<\/li>\n
- Execute appropriate inspection criteria, to determine degree of compliance with necessary\xa0requirements.<\/li>\n
- Validate Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP) and Environmental Programs meet regulatory and ConAgra requirements.<\/li>\n
- Assist in confirming Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) Plans are current, relevant, and executed effectively to prevent unsafe conditions and adulteration of product.<\/li>\n
- Document all observations, corrective actions, and initiate enforcement action where warranted.<\/li>\n
- Clearly and concisely capture defensible audit findings to provide recipients of the report, unambiguous actionables.<\/li>\n
- Summarize and communicate key findings in Executive Summary for Enterprise Quality Leadership Team.<\/li>\n
- Assist on Enterprise summary calls as needed.<\/li>\n
- May communicate with facility leadership teams and Enterprise Quality throughout all phases of the audit process.<\/li>\n
- Assist in driving continuous improvement of the ConAgra audit process.<\/li>\n<\/ul>\n\n
- Minimum B.S. in Business, Science or related field preferred.<\/li>\n
- Minimum 1 years of food manufacturing experience in QA, Operations or equivalent function.<\/li>\n<\/ul>\n\n
- Knowledge of food safety, food manufacturing processes, technologies or other relevant area of responsibility.<\/li>\n
- Familiarity in using a full range of continuous improvement tools and fundamentals.<\/li>\n
- Good technical report writing, interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).<\/li>\n
- Demonstrated strength in setting example for others.<\/li>\n
- Experience in the design & execution of Quality focused work of a technical nature.<\/li>\n
- Ability to travel 70-80% of the time across North America.\xa0 Must be able to travel independently and as a responsible ConAgra Foods, Inc. representative.<\/li>\n<\/ul>\n\n
Incumbent must have the ability to effectively perform all of the following physical demands without assistance:<\/em><\/p>\n\n
- Walking and/or standing for long periods of time<\/li>\n
- Climbing to various heights via stairs or ladders<\/li>\n
- Walking and/or standing on various surface types<\/li>\n
- Frequent bending and/or crawling; must be able to move safely and freely around machinery<\/li>\n
- Driving a company or rental vehicle for up to six hours as needed<\/li>\n
- Exposure to manufacturing environments for periodic extended work days to include:\xa0 loud noise, excessive heat, cold, wet, and slippery conditions.<\/li>\n<\/ul>\n\n
This position description is not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job.\xa0 It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development and compensation.\xa0 As such, the incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as required.<\/p>\n', null, 'extListingLayout');